Tuesday, November 20, 2012

The Overlooked

I have been wanting to grab my DSLR and get some of the beautiful things I have noticed in our yard, but walk passed so quickly and then get inside and forget about.  So I put my 50mm 1.8 lens on and headed outside...

the flag Emma helped me pick out for Thanksgiving
the tulip tree we planted years ago and is just barely my height...none of us may live to see it fully grown
 most trees have lost their leaves, but there's already signs of new growth
 love the smell as I pass the sweet olive
 all the camellia bushes are blooming and leaving a bed of beautiful pink pedals on the ground (can you see the little bug in there?)
 the confederate rose tree damaged from Isaac came back but won't bloom this season probably, but the other one is in full bloom
 catching "the look" of Dennis pulling up with chickadee
 I couldn't  change my settings quite fast enough, an imperfect shot, but I totally love it...left it desaturated because I loved how it went with how sweet she looks coming to see what I am doing - and lately she likes to go with little to no clothes
 Emma loves to pick the flowers and then leaves them all over, some she gives to us
 beautiful Fall evening...what's not seen is Emma followed me outside with her camera too...
I know if you are in the US, you are busy getting ready for Thanksgiving.  I have some photos from Emma's school Thanksgiving program to share tomorrow...

Pin It!

4 comments:

  1. How beautiful! It's so funny that Emma got out of the car that way. Gracie used to take off her shoes as soon as she got in the car. We wouldn't realize it until she walked into the house wearing one shoe and then one of us had to run back outside and dig around to see where the heck the other one had gotten to while we were driving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are all great photos! my daughter loved to be out of her clothes too- it lasted until she was pretty big- like 6 or 7 even! LOL! now she likes to put some PJs on as soon as she's home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photos!
    My Erin is the same way!
    Caught her running around this morning wearing nothing but her paper bag vest she made at school for the Thanksgiving holidays :)
    Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time out to leave me a comment...hope you have a wonderful day!