Saturday, December 22, 2012

Carta Bella and American Crafts Layouts

A little Italian/American today ;)

This layout was on the Carta Bella blog.  I used the Winter Fun Collection.  If you know how much I love blue, then you know how much I loved this collection.  So for this layout I pulled all the blues (kind of teal too), white, brown, and tan.

I made these shapes and designed the layout using Silhouette Studio.  Here is a video showing how I did this.
This was the last time it snowed here in the New Orleans area...2008...and a very special year, but we didn't know it at the time...Emma was born that July and would soon be home in the next six months with us.



And here's how the layout started to come together once everything was cut.
 I decided that the plain background needed more texture...so I cut the strip of the negative cuttings of the elongated hexagons from the pattern paper to mask and mist.  (not the best way to do this, but I wanted to save the pattern paper to use on something else).  In order to mask the areas I didn't want to mist, I tore several old scraps and made sure every part of the background was covered and only the elongated hexagons were showing.  Then misted.
 Kept doing that until I got the look I wanted...mixed a silver and a tan color.  I wanted a little bit more texture...so I grabbed some old ribbon cardboard rolls.  Dipped those in some watered down mist, and stamped...I wanted them to have a drippy look.
 The background is done, now I start placing pieces, photos, and all the details.  One of my most favorite layouts...and honored that it was used in Carta Bella's advertising for this collection.
Next, I have some American Crafts layouts that were up on the American Crafts blog yesterday.  I love my iPhone and Instagram, but still not as much as my DSLR.  I made a star-shaped hood for my 50mm 1.8 lens to make our Christmas tree lights look like stars.  (I will post how I did this next week).  
I had this idea in my head...I cut out several stars using the Silhouette...than laid down the negative piece and pressed a versamark ink pad all over it, sprinkled and embossed the stars.  Using a gel medium, I added the positive cut outs.
This one was also with my DSLR in the big mall...I LOVE this shot I was able to get...looking through the trees at Santa very busy.  Since the layout was centered around that photo, I made the "naughty or nice" with the Silhouette.  I took a frame design and merged the words into it.
Both of these layouts were made with the Kringle and Co collection from American Crafts.
If I don't get another post up before Christmas...want to wish everyone a Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, and Happy New Year!!

Pin It!

6 comments:

  1. Fabulous projects all of them!!! My fav is the first, there's just so much to see! But really love them all!
    A very merry Christmas to you and your familiy!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow--BEAUTIFUL work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW Patricia! You have been a busy little scrapper!!!! I love all three pages! So festive and absolutely beautiful. Thanks for showing us how you made the first one, too. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and your wonderful daughter and hubby!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man, you blow me away! So much gorgeousness!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow these are all just beautiful! how awesome CB used it in their print campaign- it's such amazing work!! hope you're having a wonderful holiday week!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow these are all so unique and outstanding! I absolutely love love love the Snow Day one! I find it facinating to read and see how others carry out their creative process. Thanks for sharing it.:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time out to leave me a comment...hope you have a wonderful day!