Monday, January 28, 2013

American Crafts Layouts - Journaling

I believe we are officially over Winter here...although you never know when another cold front could come through...but the Winter flag has been replaced by the Spring flag...we are done with Winter here.  And I think my sinuses know it too ;)

Okay...for some reason I thought I shared these layouts here, but didn't.  I had an assignment with American Crafts for unique journaling...but the new CHA lines came in so I have a new assignment for the AC blog.  More scrapping?  New Goodies?  Not a problem!  

This Unique Journaling assignment was a challenge for me.  I have no idea why, I love to journal...I think I made it harder than it should have been.

Here is what I did.  I took the original carbon copy receipt from 1980 of the guitar my parents bought for me.  Opened it in Photoshop Elements, desaturated the yellow...because the carbon writing was so faded and plus my first attempt to use stickers to journal on top of the receipt failed miserably, I used the brush tool in PSE and added a soft white on top, then typed up my journaling.  Much better!  And I could write more!
 And this is my guitar...still have it (took this picture of it for this layout), will never ever get rid of it...Classic Fender...string missing, but excellent condition. 
 So grateful that my parents bought me this, they really surprised me that they did that..there were 4 of us!  We didn't get a whole lot of stuff unless we needed it or Dad was in a good mood ;) Ha!  I really tried to teach myself, but I really needed lessons.  I did pretty good on my own though and could play cords and a few songs.  But the clarinet is what I would be more accomplished in later in my school years.  

So I pulled out mostly the American Crafts Soho Garden collection for this...lots of red and green with a touch of the aqua...so then I also picked out pieces from Dear Lizzy 5th & Frolic and even Amy Tangerine's Ready Set Go...anything that had the color scheme.
The next layout, I finally decided on something Emma says pretty much everyday and a lot..."what else can I have?"  This doesn't just apply to this conversation, it also applies to food...the girl can eat ALL day long.  When I saw these photos, I knew it was perfect.  I used the Dear Lizzy 5 & Frolic and pulled out the browns and the pinks with a little of the blue/green.  The Thickers are from Ready Set Go.
I LOVE LOVE LOVE these Thickers because of their colors...they worked out perfectly.  I didn't want to add too much business to an already full layout...and they did the trick.  Each question and answer have matching Thicker colors.  
 Once I finally had the idea...this was a simple layout to put together. And I love that typewriter, felt like it added to the dialogue going on here.
 I used the 6x6 paper pad, stickers, chipboard, and ribbon from 5th & Frolic...that little pink flower above is from Soho Garden and the brown arrow is from Ready Set Go...just pulled colors that worked with the color scheme.  
I loved this assignment even though it was a challenge for me...these are my two current favorite layouts so far.

Pin It!

15 comments:

  1. These are wonderful! I especially love that first one, amazing layers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. EEEEKKKKKK so amazing!!! Love the photos and the way you placed them on the paper! So stinking cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pages Patricia! Love the layering and clustering on your first layout! And the pop of Red for the title is really fun! Loving your awesome use of the Thickers on the second layout!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are gorgeous, Patricia!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing as always!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always feel so inspired when I come for a visit here Patricia. Your pages are so very fresh. Love the way you journalled on these. The original receipt with the white space for journalling is a great idea and you really make the BEST use of all those Thickers!
    You are spot on with the colours and that typewriter is such a cute addition. TFS!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are some of my favorite pages by you!
    I love how you used the receipt on the first. Plus the guitar closeup and all that pretty layering.
    And then your second layout is just amazing!
    Love how you used the Thickers for question and answer with the photos.
    And I love how your husband is always smiling in photos!

    ReplyDelete
  8. these are FANTASTIC--I really like how you journaled with the thickers, I WANT to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  9. both of the layouts are amazing, love them!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I always know that I'll love what I'll see when I'm about to visit your blog! And today is no exception! Your pages are amazing! Love how you used the thickers, I must try that sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your winter is OVER already? Okay, I'm jealous now. :) It's only 2 degrees here at the moment.

    Looks like you had lots of fun with both these layouts--love how you used the original receipt on the first one, and how you used all those Thickers to show the conversation on the second one.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow - your layouts are awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I LOVE these layouts! I love the way you used the story as the title in the second layout. And you layer so beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Patricia, I saw the guitar layout on Pinterest, I don't often pin layouts, but had to pin your's. It's truly perfect.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time out to leave me a comment...hope you have a wonderful day!