Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Carta Bella Blog Hop for January

Welcome to the Carta Bella Paper Design Team Blog Hop! You should have come from Pamella Brown's blog.  Be sure to follow blog hop list below to hop from one blog to the next. ONE winner will be selected from each blog to receive a current Carta Bella Paper collection kit of their choosing. To qualify for the drawing, please leave a comment on this post by midnight EDT on Monday, January 28 to qualify. The winners from each design team blog and the Carta Bella blog will be announced on Tuesday, January 29, so be sure to check back to see if you won!

Patricia Roebuck

I was inspired by the argyle pattern on a piece of clothing recently, and decided to try to design an entire layout based on that pattern.  Something very different from how I normally scrap, but I like the result.  I grouped several diamond shapes in the Silhouette software to form the background.  After cutting the design, I backed the cutout spots with pattern paper.

I put the white cardstock cutouts back on top of the empty spots and stitched an "x" across each one for added texture.
 The design and the photo take center stage, so I kept the rest of the embellishing simple by just pop dotting some of the heart stickers from the Element sticker sheet.
Thank you for visiting and good luck!!!


Pin It!