Thursday, January 24, 2013

Happy Birthday Cards using Noel Mignon Kit

{If you are here for the Carta Bella blog hop, please click here}

I have some Happy Birthday cards on the Noel Mignon blog today using the Soda Shoppe kit.

These two cards have similar designs, both have a banner for the Monday Inspiration Theme over at Noel Mignon, and both focus on the sentiment Happy Birthday.

For the first card, I picked out the aqua and the yellow green products.  That Crate Paper was gorgeous and perfect for the front of the card.  

To ground the card a little more, I added a small cluster, again pulling the colors I was going with.
I don't have a huge stash of sentiment stamps, but these Basic Grey Clippings stamps were perfect.  I just couldn't hand cut a tiny circle that neatly, so cut the pinking circles with the Silhouette first, then stamped, and then sewed them together.  The pinwheels are a Jenni Bowlin punch.
The next card, I moved the scalloped borders to the bottom in more than just one color, and pulled more of the peachy/blush colors from Glitz and the neutral dots and touch of aqua from American Crafts.
The Glitz banner sticker was perfect for the top, but needed some movement, so added the butterflies so the eye would move across the card better.
And just like the other card...added a small little cluster at the bottom.
Cards can be a great way to use up stash, give you a jump start, and just play with products, design, and color.  Thank you for stopping by today!

Pin It!

8 comments:

  1. Both very gorgeous cards! I especially love the first one! Those colors together are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are BEAUTIFUL- I love the stitching and the elements that pop off the page. They are truly OBJECTS as opposed to just flat cards, if that makes any sense.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all the strips of layering on these. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what BEAUTIFUL cards Patricia!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both are beautiful and I just love the stiching

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like that aqua/apple green color scheme. I don't think I've tried that combo before...but now I want to! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both cards are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. They are decent , I love the stitching and the elements that pop off the page. They are truly OBJECTS as opposed to just flat cards, if that makes any sense. Plastic card Printing

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time out to leave me a comment...hope you have a wonderful day!