Tuesday, January 08, 2013

Lily Bee Layout - Using Your Scraps

The buzz of CHA is in the air.  I've gotten several Lily Bee projects sent off to California.  Kristen has really put together some amazing collections with new labels and embellishments.  Destinations, Pinwheel, and Sweet Shoppe.  But if you are like me, you still have lots of leftover pieces of scrap paper or cuttings.  

I have to share this...from my earlier days of scrapping, money was extremely tight.  I had scrap friends comment on how I didn't throw away a single piece...every bit got used.  You can imagine what happened eventually...I never got to any of the new papers.  It was the best feeling to finally learn to let some papers go after using as much of them as I could.  The challenge we have on the Lily Bee blog today to use your scraps reminded me of my earlier days of scrapping...Please stop by the Lily Bee blog as there are four of us sharing how we used our leftover scraps...great inspiration!

Here's my layout.   I grabbed a handful of scraps.  The denim piece from Persnickety (Finicky) was big enough I could send through the Silhouette.  My design came out asymmetrical, which made it quick to put together.  I used the corner rounder punch on some pieces to add interest to the design. 
  I also used a tab punch, and a 1" circle punch to add pops of color.  The butterfly, flower, and branch were leftover cuttings from another project.  The polaroid stamped paper was another leftover.  One of my favorite layouts.  I love how these pieces came together. 

Please join us for the challenge for a chance to win a Lily Bee prize package.

Pin It!

13 comments:

  1. Love your LO...I am such a hoarder of even the smallest scrap, I think that is one of the reasons why I am loving PL as I can finally use up some of those little pieces :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is so beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous layout Patricia, I love using up my scraps. I just might have to play along with this challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely layout. This is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely LOVE this! Love how the twine down the middle resembles a stitched line and the 'almost' symetrical mirroring. So many cool details and as always a gorgeous photo of Emma! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning! Love this Patricia!

    ReplyDelete
  7. another gorgeous creation!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I TOTALLY hear ya on the SAVE everything from MY early days of scrapbooking--LOVE that I've learned to use the scraps and let the wisps of paper go! ;) FANTASTIC layout!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous, fun page!
    Great use of scraps, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this page, Patricia! I really like the photo of Emma! And how you used your scraps!!! So cool! The stamping looks fantastic, too. TFS this with us!

    ReplyDelete
  11. just gorgeous & so brilliant! it still feels so great to use the scraps-the cool leftover bits that inspire new things! LOVE!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. lovign the pop of denim...and so much more! I read your prior post and just know that she will gain more independence as time goes by...I think most of us have been there, done that. I like that my kids don't really know what a babysitter is :) We don't have any family here in MD so I got used to doing it all and being the "playmate." BUt still keep trying to carve you some ME time; even if it's in 15-30 min installments!

    ReplyDelete
  13. i absolutely LOVE this so, so much my friend!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time out to leave me a comment...hope you have a wonderful day!