Monday, February 04, 2013

Lily Bee - New and Old Collections

Happy Monday, everyone!  This year is already going by too fast.  Good thing we can scrap these memories to try to remember and freeze time a little bit.

I am up today on the Lily Bee blog with a layout where I mix old and new lines together.  Here is what I came up with...I used a lot of the new lines I had for CHA projects (which I need to share soon) so I had to get a little creative with the bits I had left.

I wanted to mix some orange/red with yellow and turquoise, so I pulled out all the papers that coordinated well to go with the very energetic photo of my daugther.  As I was layering the photo on top of the bits and pieces from the Persnickety, Sweet Shoppe, and Destination papers, I thought it would be perfect to add more energy to that photo and overal design of the layout.
Using a leftover piece of paper cut into a sunburst, I masked and misted the background, then used a blending tool and dye ink (to coordinate with the mist color) to mask the stars and the arrow.  Stitched along the rays, then used my circle punch to cut these pieces of pattern paper from Destinations, and the Silhouette to cut the stars from Persnickety.
And the title {again} came from Emma loving something fun and always saying "again" "again"  Wish I had that energy!

Hope everyone has a great week!  As always, thank you for taking the time to stop by!

Pin It!

11 comments:

  1. this makes me want to burst into song, "you are the sunshine of my life"...
    ahhhh Stevie!

    gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this- so perfect for spring!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a fun layout!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is wonderful! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving how you layered in all those little bits!

    ReplyDelete
  6. seriously LOVE this layout!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. totally gorgeous and fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the picture! Super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. what AWESOME misting--GREAT layout!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness! Such a wonderful photo, Patricia! She is just so beautiful and happy! Your page really brings this across - I love everything about it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your unique take on the sunburst trend! It's so cheerful.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time out to leave me a comment...hope you have a wonderful day!