Monday, February 18, 2013

My World - Noel Mignon Lasting Love

Hope everyone had a Happy Valentine's day and weekend!

{if you are here for the American Crafts blog hop, click here}

I have a layout to share using the Noel Mignon Lasting Love kit (sold out).

My family is "My World," day in and day out, we are together all the time.  We are a bunch of goofballs, but that's the way we like it.  This photo of us says it all.
My first idea to scrap about my family was to cut a lot of hearts, and stitch them into a heart shape.  It didn't turn out the way I expected.  I let the cut hearts just fall on the paper, hoping to spark something, and it did...so I glued them onto a piece of pattern paper, layering them one on top of another.  
Then pop dotted the frame to put on top, trimming the excess hearts.  So it looks like a shaker, but they don't shake.  I added the banner on top with more pop dots.  I picked a few more pieces of paper and embellishments, and I needed to find a photo or photos before I went on.  
This is from one of those photo booths at the mall, and was perfect.  I added a border punch to the Basic Grey paper, and started to layer.  Decided to add some swirls and drops of mist, and a little bit of masking with dye ink, so did that before I glued everything down.  For a little more color, I fussy cut the banner from Crate Paper to layer at the top.
That flower is just gorgeous, and even though I had the large embellished frame and hearts, the flower was a nice touch to add some sweetness to the quirky photos of us.
Thank you for stopping by!

Pin It!

11 comments:

  1. This is just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE your layout! Your attention to details is just amazing. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just perfect! Love the layering and all the little hearts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just lovely! The strip of photos is so fun and I love all the hearts. You're always so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the frame full of hearts! all the layers too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely gorgeous layout, but that photo strip is priceless! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a BEAUTIFUL celebration of life--LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh, I LOVE this!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is so much fun and so beautiful... all at the same time!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome layout! I love everything about it! You might have struggled with the process but the result was well worth it!:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time out to leave me a comment...hope you have a wonderful day!