Friday, February 08, 2013

Valentine's For School Friends and a Carta Bella Layout

Wanted to post these little fortune cookie Valentine's I made for Emma's friends.  It was a very last minute thing.  They are off for Mardi Gras (all next week), which is also the week of Valentine's.  They have a Mardi Gras party scheduled today, so wasn't sure if they were doing anything for Valentines.  Chinese New Year is the 10th too!  So lots of celebrations!

On Wed, the teacher posted they can bring Valentine'sto the Mardi Gras party...sooo, I had very limited time, and had to think fast...remembered seeing paper fortune cookies...looked it up, pinned it, and made these out of the 6x6 American Crafts XOXO paper pad.
Emma loved them so much, that she had to take a couple and then a couple more to give to us ;)
I cut the circles with the silhouette and put a 6x6 papers all over the 12x12 Silhouette cutting mat...making the most of my time.  Will share my pin for the instructions, but you then pinch the middle.
My mind was not cooperating...did another Internet search and found this cute saying "I am fortunate to know you," perfect for fortune cookie Valentine's.  I used the sketch pens to write out the sentiment and then used the rectangle around it to cut...you can do this in any Word or Pages program, I wanted to do it all in one sitting by the Silhouette...I really had limited time.
So it was a little patience, because I had to get the sketch pens to do the sentiment first, and then put the rectangles back to cut, but had to remove the sentiment...sounds crazy...but in the long run, it saved me from having to get up and go to my printer, then print, then cut...this way it was all done...worth it!
 Aren't they cute!  Love them, and I think I will be making more...here's the link on how to make them...here, and this was another great site with Valentine sayings...here.

And I have a Carta Bella layout I can share with you...it was on the Carta Bella blog yesterday, here.  If you go to the blog, you can see a little more of how the layout came together.  The inspiration, believe it or not, came from my Sunscreen bottle ;) 
 I used the Devoted collection...just pulled out all the blues/greys, and a touch of pink blush...


Will be back with another post on Sunday for a new theme at Paper Issues...you will want to win our generous new sponsor's prize!  Have a great weekend.  And if you celebrate it...HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR!!!  The year of the Snake!

Pin It!

5 comments:

  1. Oh, this is lovely! And I LOVE the Valentine's- what a clever idea!! I wonder if Grace would like to make them? She always likes to put her own spin on crafts. Happy Chinese New Year- around here, we celebrate Tet :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. where should I start?LOVE! BOTH! Am so glad that we live in a county that only requires Vday cards-no treats, no candy, no party bags allowed due to food allergies! Takes all the pressure off. My son wants those junky boxed valentines so it's super easy! ps-I gotta see this sunscreen bottle lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those little fortune cookies are the cutest thing, Patricia! And I love your gorgeous layout! Such a great mix of color with the Blue and Gray and I love the look of the doilies on your page!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Year of the Snake!!! Those fortune cookie Valentines were a great idea, and they came out really cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oops--I also meant to mention the layout. I love the range of soft, blue colors and the delicate lacy motifs. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time out to leave me a comment...hope you have a wonderful day!