Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Hello Springtime - A Lily Bee Sketch and Layout

Today on the Lily Bee blog, I have a sketch challenge.  I have been using the Skitch App to doodle some quick sketches lately, even for myself.  It has helped me get projects done faster and plan a little.  I am joined by the very talented Wendy Sue Anderson and Diana Fisher with their interpretations of the sketch, so head on over to the Lily Bee blog to see and enter the challenge for a chance to win.
My take on the sketch.  I took pictures of some new items for the start of the season.  Those rain boots are part of Emma's Easter surprise.
 My favorite technique lately is masking.  Either with ink, mist, or paste...really anyway!  For this layout I used one of the new Crafter's Workshop stencil.  You can pick one here from Paper Issues.  Use code PATRICIA to get 20% off.
I fussy cut the Cartwheel pattern paper and layered the pinwheels on top of each other for the circles.
 Added some handstitching and a few drops of mist.
Lily Bee always has the best patterns. Not too big and work so well together.  Hope you get to enter the challenge.  Keep checking and following the Lily Bee blog to enter more challenges.

Pin It!

10 comments:

  1. Oh! that blue made me SWOON- so pretty! And I love the flowers and the butterflies!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this sketch! Love your layout too, I adore the stitched circles!
    Aislynn has those same rain boots-they are so cute:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a fun page!
    so many fun elements :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful take on the sketch, Patricia! I love how you have the embellishments trailing away from the photos to draw your eye through the page.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Patricia! what a super layout!! Love the splashes (I really need that frame too!)and the stitched circles!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great sketch! I love your take on it! That mask usage is so awesome! It really makes the page!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a fun take on the sketch, Patricia!! I love that mask!! I might have to add that one to my list. And the stitched circles are really fun!! Loving the combo of Yellow and Blue, with the little touch of Black!

    ReplyDelete
  8. love how you used that stencil!!! and love the blue!

    ReplyDelete
  9. FANTASTIC take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I want a pair of rockin' rainboots like that!!! soooo cute!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time out to leave me a comment...hope you have a wonderful day!