Friday, March 15, 2013

Love My Tapes - Guest Designer!

I am Tina Walker's biggest fan and to have her ask me to guest for March over on Love My Tapes, just made my day!  I love Tina and I love Tape!

I mention this a lot, but in case you don't know, I love blue...but also aqua, teal, green...just so soothing...and when I saw the blue washi tape with waves, I knew I wanted to do a beachy type layout.  Going through my stash, I came across the Studio Calico mistable hexies, and then I had my idea. Love when that happens.
In the Silhouette Studio software, I did the design, cut it out on the pattern paper, covered cardstock with the washi where it would show (had to keep peeking to see if it would work), then adhere the pattern paper down.  I was really loving the blues and greens, so I made the red wagon beach photo with the orange floaty fish black and white.  It was really taking on a nice nautical, calming look.
The hexies got misted and stamped a few times...the pattern paper had a lot of texture, but the hexies needed something else too...so it gave them some texture.  And that woodgrain washi is sooo cool.  I have used it to journal on, but I used it to ground the layout, then stitched on top of.
And in case you love tape like me...be sure to check out that Love My Tapes is having a design team call.  You never know!  So go for it!  2012 was my first year being on teams...it was a whirlwind, but such a wonderful experience, not only for the scrapping experience you gain, but the friends you make.



Pin It!

14 comments:

  1. Not to be corny, but it reminds me of string on the dock of the bay, I mean Lake!! ;). Beautiful colors, pattern and groovy idea! It does feel nautical!

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats on your guest spot!!!! so deserved!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty!
    And congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's BEAUTIFUL! It's perfect for spring!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is such an amazing layout! the colors and design are simply gorgeous! thank you for sharing your creative talent with us!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness, Patricia! I can see why you love blues, teals, and greens! This page is so soothing and absolutely beautiful! I love how you designed it, so much!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. just GORGEOUS --seriously!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on the guest spot, Patricia! I love your beautiful color combo and amazing hexagon design!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love what you did for your Guest Designer post Patricia!! So excited to have you joining us this month!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another stunning page! Love how you used the washi tape for your background!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on guest designing spot! Wow... that layout is amazing! I love everything about it! Those are some of my fav colours too!:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. loooove this page, some of my most favorite colors in there, and loving those tapes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. loooove this page, some of my most favorite colors in there, and loving those tapes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What you did with the tape is amazing. Really creative and out-of-the box. LOVE!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time out to leave me a comment...hope you have a wonderful day!