Thursday, March 21, 2013

Noel Mignon Layouts and Spring Fling Crop

Julie has a new sketch over on Noel Mignon here.  I knew I wanted to scrap these crazy photo of me taken by my daughter and put on Instagram all on her own!  Some scrap friends told me, I had to scrap this photo with the caption she used, so I did!
I took a screen shot of it to show all the things she typed for the caption, and named it "Eoscblop" the part that were letters from her caption.
 This was a quick layout using the Daffodil Hill kit.  The Paper only kit is still available.  I was short on time.  So did this in about an hour so I could get the photo of it while still daylight.  Julie's sketch really helped make it come together fast.
The next layout is up today on the Noel Mignon Blog using the Daffodil Hill collection as well.  This was a "just for fun" layout.  I wanted to play with the mask using Distress Ink and the blending tool. 
Fussy cut some strips from that gorgeous new Webster's Pages chevron pattern paper.  Added some splatters, embossing (which didn't turn out great, so I stamped in black on top), and stitched the arrow.  Lots of texture.
Stitched on the little wire house.  To add a little bit of softness to the layout, I added the bow at the bottom.  
Come join us over on the Noel Mignon blog and in the Facebook group for our Spring Fling crop.  Lots of challenges and games.  The grand prize is being a guest designer for Noel Mignon!  Hope you can join us!  You don't have to be a kit subscriber to join us.


Pin It!

8 comments:

  1. Gorgeous pages, Patricia! I love how you have the tag hanging on the first page and I love looking at all of the wonderful details on the second page!

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous color palette here! I love how you hung that tag on the first layout and the juxtaposition of the instagram screen shot with the typewriter!And the title work on the second one!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both great layouts, but that first one is precious!
    What a great memory to document?
    I remember Erin playing this Pet Society game on my Facebook account and it has the option of taking a screen shot of the Pet's house.
    She did and posted it to my fb wall on accident with her creative typing, but did manage to get her name in there as well.
    So fun to see my friends commenting on it, "one saying - Erin is that you?"

    ReplyDelete
  4. 2 great pages Patricia! I love the idea of the hanging tag and love that you used your daughters instagram title! Great embellishment use on the second page- loving the addition of the bow! Thanks for great inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful pages Patricia!! I always love looking at your pages to see the fun bits and pieces you use!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are AMAZING- I love how you bring in so many elements into a cohesive whole. (And I have to admit- I'm tempted to get Gracie an instagram account now... she has one of our old phones that she uses for games, and she takes a lot of photos. It might be fun to see how she sees life!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome design on them both! Love the whole theme and screen capture on the first one. LOL!:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE both of these pictures--and that instagram picture is ADORABLE!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time out to leave me a comment...hope you have a wonderful day!