Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Project Life, Weeks 5

I am so glad I have this done, because these memories would probably be forgotten...they seem so long ago now.  I inserted a coin pocket project on the right side, but cut it down to fit the amount of photos I had.  I got those from Amazon here.
Left side.  Lots of little moments.  Emma's ballet only opens the window once a month and they have a film over it, so the photos always come out "dreamy."  Emma starting to take and upload photos to Instagram without me even knowing it!  Her hair trim...she really was happy ;)
Right side, and the cut down coin pocket protector.  I did this because I wanted to include all the instagrammed photos from our Mardi Gras parades.  Emma is a scardy cat, and normally won't go to a "night" time parade...just too overwhelming for her.  But day before, she said she wanted to go.  She LOVED it.
And onto another day parade the next day...a very small, hometown parade...my favorite.  So that was it for parades because we were out of town for Mardi Gras.
I like to mix protectors in the 12x12 binder.  And this is another reason why, I wanted to include this little handmade note from Emma and didn't want to scan it and include in the regular pockets.  So I slipped it into a 6x8 Studio Calico protector.  Sometimes I will use an American Crafts 8x8 protector, just depends on what fits the keepsake.  The holes do not fit the 12x12, so I line it up with a protector that does, then use the crop-a-dile to punch the new holes.
And the rest of the right side.  My old typewriter ribbon ran out, so had to handwrite until the new ribbon came in.  I missed my typewriter.  This year, I'm trying to include more of a better view of our lives and not just Emma's life.  So remembering to grab the iPhone or camera to document the real life things.
Just a few closeups.  I used a mix of all the 6x6 and some 12x12 papers I cut to fit.  The ampersand and a few cards are Allison Kreft's collection from Echo Park, which is one of my favorites.
 I'm really liking the Photoshop Actions and Lightroom Presets from Adrienne Looman.  They are so inexpensive and can add just the right look to a photo.  You can find them at 2 Peas here.
I just finished week 8 last night...have a lot to post, coming soon.  Have a great day!


Pin It!

4 comments:

  1. This looks awesome and full of great color and memories. Your daughter's drawing made me smile and brought back memories of when my daughter would create drawings like that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWESOME--I'm almost caught up--feeling good and taking pictures and mental snapshots--Project Life is AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always love your PL pages! You capture so many great moments and memories.
    And you are such a cute family!

    I have definitely decided that I am going to try PL this year, but starting on the first day of summer vacation. It is going to be our Summer PL. I think knowing I am only doing it for three months as a trial run for a whole year is a good experiment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love our PL spread and Emma is such a cutie pie!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time out to leave me a comment...hope you have a wonderful day!