Thursday, March 28, 2013

Somewhere Over the...

Join us over on the Noel Mignon blog and Facebook group for our Spring Fling Crop! 


I love rainbows, so that is the challenge for you that I picked!  Last year for our daughter's birthday, she wanted a rainbow theme...so I made lots of rainbow things.  Here's a few:
Party Goody bags
She was afraid of the smoke from blowing out the candles, so I made a fake candle.
And here is what I came up with for the crop.  
I had the idea to use the Studio Calico mask in Daffodil Hill and spray rows of each color for a rainbow.  It takes a little longer, because you want to mask off the "other" rows while spraying one row.  I always use a box and scraps of papers to help with this.
Pick out your favorite mists for the rainbow.  I loved this orange, but it was too dark, so I added a few drops to the little mister along with a few white mist drops and some water to make my own soften the color.
 I didn't want to waste all that wet mist on the mask, so I stamped with it on the cardstock as well.
 The top row is where I misted and masked, and the bottom left is the stamped image.
After this dried, I sent it through the Silhouette and cut out a several different shapes and sizes of arrows.  I wasn't sure how I wanted them to look on the layout, so I went through more of my stencils and used this large sun ray mask by Julie Balzer, then I knew I would have the photo in the center, with the arrows pointing in.
I couldn't help but use this St. Patrick's Day celebration photo of us at the parade since the theme was rainbows.  So I had to add some gold to it as well with the gold polka dot vellum, gold to the number 3 and POW (glittery American Crafts paper) cut with the Silhouette.  Can you see the masked and misted rainbow chevrons under the photo?  I didn't want to waste any of the masked and misted papers, so I used some under the photo.
I was really having fun with this so far and wanted to do something I haven't done in a long time, add a little doodling to each arrow and some of the other masked and inked shapes.  Added some messy stitching
And one more project.  I still had that stamped image from the left over ink.  I couldn't waste it, so I made a card from it.
Both the card and the layout uses bits from the Daffodil kit, but I brought it more "rainbow" elements and colors with my own supplies.
 I love how the stamped image looks, and it made a quick and easy card.
So how will you use rainbows in your project?  I'll have an album set up in our Facebook group named "Somewhere Over the *Rainbow* Challenge" for you to add your challenge projects to it!  Can't wait to see what you make!

Pin It!

19 comments:

  1. Wow! Love both of these projects- they are so creative and fun! Great doodlework!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy Cow, those are both amazing!!!
    I was trying to figure out at first how you used the misting and then there it all was cut in the Silhouette. Love it!!
    In awe here :)
    I so need a die cut machine if it can do cool things like that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness- these are beautiful! Love the colors, and the elements, and especially the misting! *swoon*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Such a fun and colorful layout and card! Loving it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these amazing and creative projects, Patricia! Really cool techniques too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. so fantastic and amazing! I'm so inspired by this! Thanks Patricia!

    ReplyDelete
  7. 3 is a magic number!!!

    omg! I love these projects!!! (and I bought that stencil! now to use it!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great technique!! The page turned out fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is an amazing page Patricia!! Love how you used the mask to create all of the fun arrows for your layout!! Really love this one!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow! You're sooo creative!! I have that same mask too, but this would never have occured to me!! Awesome projects Patricia!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. what a SUPER fun idea--love your card and the page--AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What an amazing and fun layout and card! I love, LOVE what you did with the stencil. the photo of the 3 of you is fabulous, yes, I agree with Linda. 3 is a magic number! Hope you had a very happy Easter, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. you are AMAZING!!!! That layout is totally getting pinned - and a huge congrats on being featured on 2 peas :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this so SO very much!!! AMAZING!!! LOVE the design and that card is SO COOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love both projects. The design on your layout is so very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Totally cool projects!

    ReplyDelete
  17. seriously amazing projects...wow.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time out to leave me a comment...hope you have a wonderful day!