Monday, March 18, 2013

Studio Calico Sunday Sketch

I think I was both shocked and kind of freaking out, when Studio Calico asked me to make something for the Sunday Sketch.  You can see the layout and the card sketch here.  I used Lisa's sketch.  I knew when I saw the sketch, what photos I wanted to do and the title.  
I used the ampersand which is part of the Neverland Project Life cut file elements, and the Neverland Printables here.  Since I was doing a layout about the Disney fairies, I used vellum to do the print and cut with the printables.  I use vellum sold in packs at Office Depot and have an inkjet printer.  Worked great.  I did the registrations marks to print from the Silhouette Studio, like you normally do.
 Then sent it through the Silhouette to cut.  
I used the new Studio Calico chevron mask, I got from the Noel Mignon Daffodil Hill Kit two ways.  I masked and misted on white cardstock, cut it to be a matte for the main photo.  Then mixing two gelato colors together with modeling paste, I spread it in sections on the background.  I have used different mediums before, but finally used a 40% from Michael's and bought the modeling paste...and so glad I did.  I could not believe how beautiful it really looks in person and dried so fast.
Did a lot more misting on some of the wood veneers.  Then on the others, I used the gelatos again to give an ombre look.
I am so glad I had this sketch and Lisa's Truesdell's layout to inspire this.  I haven't started on the Disney World Project Life yet, but I know I will have lots of layouts to add to it.
Hope everyone had a great weekend.  We have been doing something everyday for the past few days, and decided yesterday to stay home, because this afternoon we are going to see Yo Gabba Gabba!  That will be a fun layout to make if I can get some good pictures.  Have a great week!

One last thing, a special thanks to Cassie the owner of Paper Issues...she knows how to give you your scrappy fix.  When I wasn't sure what I was going to do for this sketch, I got my big order from her filled with lots of Studio Calico, but I was also able to order more from her, and she got it to me in just two days!  Thanks Cassie!  
She is awesome, and you always get 20% off using code PATRICIA.  And if you don't see something in the shop, you can email her about it to see if she will be getting what you want.

Pin It!

12 comments:

  1. Gorgeous layout! I love all the layers and that chevron mask looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on getting to work with this sketch! You rocked it.

    I didn't know that Office Depot sells vellum. I'll have to keep an eye out for it. Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Patricia! I love how you did the mixed title and added the ampersand in! Great layout!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How totally cute is this??!! I love this one Patricia!! The vellum print and cuts are so, so cute! I am going to have to give that a try!! And I love the fun mix of alphas you used in your title!

    ReplyDelete
  5. why wouldn't they ask you ms. FANTASTIC?! LOVE what you did AWESOME page!

    ReplyDelete
  6. CONGRATS!!!! Another gorgeous creation!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sooo pretty! Awesome techniques, beautiful colours and adorable photos.:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE this page so much! Love the printed vellum too! Congrats on being featured!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This. Is. Awesome. Truly! I love the way you captured this moment. Perfect! Disney is magical. You've actually got me super excited to document our next trip. I can't wait to find the magic and then share the stories about it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, this is awesome, Patricia! I love all of your amazing details and bits. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. So gorgeous!! Totally love it...as always!! :)
    Great layering and all those embellies...wow!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Patricia. Love your page - colors are great. Saw you on the paper issues link up. I love connecting with other scrapbookers (now following you). Would love for you to stop by and say hi!
    Leslie
    www.thememorynest.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time out to leave me a comment...hope you have a wonderful day!