Friday, April 05, 2013

American Crafts Two-Page Layouts!

Happy Friday!  I have 2-page layouts to share with you today that were on the American Crafts blog Wednesday. 
It wasn't until recently that I tried 2-page layouts.  They are a real challenge for me, but once I tried them, I decided that weren't too bad.  My favorite is 8.5x11.  They are perfect with lots of photos.  And since we had our trip to Disney World, it was perfect.

So here's the first one.  Very princess-y looking.  I really could not believe how well the new lines worked to make this fairy-tale layout.  I used a mix of all three of the new American Crafts lines:  My Girl; Yes, Please; and Lucky Charm.  I used watered down mist to paint the kraft flowers...a very princess-y background.  
I had this design in my head and quickly drew a rough draft out using the Skitch app.  I didn't stay exact to my sketch, but pretty close.  And having drawn the sketch first, really helped the layout come together fast.  I thought the accents of gold and the horse went well with the "royal" meeting.
I embossed the heart embellishments with gold for some sparkle.
I made the title in Silhouette by merging the font with a swirl.
I did two, 2-page layouts!  Yes, I am crazy.  But with all the Disney World photos, I had this in mind and had to do it.  Again, I drew out a sketch, and planned the photos to use.  This is mostly Yes, Please and Lucky Charm.  The paperclip is My Girl.
I had the photos and circle, and wanted to add more color since this was about the Lion King.  The Dear Lizzy pattern paper had the exact feel I was looking for.  So cut out several leaves to layer under the photos.
I don't do 2-pagers very often, but I love how these came out and will be adding them to the main Disney album.
Thanks for stopping by!!  Have a great weekend!

Pin It!

9 comments:

  1. I don't know how to do a 2-pager! These look great. I especially like the 2nd one and the way you used the corrugated cardboard circle to tie the two pages together. Super pics. What a wonderful vacation you had.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are all gorgeous pages, Patricia! I love how you painted the flowers on the first page and the design on both is just fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i could never ever say it enough, you ARE amazing my friend!!! love your 2pagers, brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  4. GREAT job on the 2 page challenge! I think I have done maybe 2 or 3 since I switched from 8.5 x 11 to 12 x 12...these are GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love them both. Great colors and design. The papers for the first are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW Patricia! You did an amazing job on both of your 2-page layouts! Disney is one of our favorite places to go, and I still have photos that need to be scrapped!!! You captured the feel of the Lion King beautifully on your second layout! And I absolutely LOVE Cinderella - the photo of Cinderella with your beautiful princess daughter is so awesom!! I love how you did your background - it looks very dreamy! Thanks for sharing both of these with us. I hope you are having a great Saturday!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both of these are so awesome Patricia!! I love the way you painted those flowers on the kraft, on your first page and the layout design is fab! And the use of the circle across both pages to unite your photos on the second layout was a great idea! You definitely rocked the double page layouts!

    ReplyDelete
  8. SO gorgeous!!! I love how you painted those flowers on the kraft :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow great work, awesome design i like..
    cardmaking australia

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time out to leave me a comment...hope you have a wonderful day!