Thursday, April 11, 2013

Frilly Layout with Noel Mignon Melrose Kit


Oh my...I dug into the Noel Mignon Melrose kit.  I thought I loved gold, but now I'm obsessed with it.  And the kit is filled with so many of the newest products that just make you drool. Sometimes when I see a really pretty pattern paper, I find I want to hoard it instead of using it...so I challenged myself to use this beautiful background paper with the doilies from Maggie Holmes' Crate Paper line as the jumping point to this frilly layout.
 Other than being frilly, I kept it simple.  I cut banners from the gold polka dot vellum, and that inspired more banners to layer.
 I also love this photo, and wanted it to take center stage.  It was just me and my daughter for a few days and those are sometimes my favorite days.  I had wanted to scrap it after I took it.  And this was the perfect kit for it.
   Have a great week and hope you are enjoying this kit!

Pin It!

18 comments:

  1. Stunning! I absolutely adore your work!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pure girly perfection, Patricia!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great use of that doily paper.
    I didn't buy it because it intimidated me (lol)
    But your layout is so pretty that I may have to go back and get it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful layout! Love the vellum banner! I am always too chicken to cut into my vellums! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. it is such a gorgeous shot & this layout is so pretty! love the pop of the gold with the pretty girly colors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! I love that you used the vellum/gold dot paper to make a banner, what a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty, love the Thickers, banners, colors and of course the picture.

    ReplyDelete
  8. GORGEOUS! Love the soft colors!
    That vellum banner...wow!!
    Great details! Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Patricia. This is a beautiful layout. Love the colors and the flower! WOuld love for you to link up one of your creations on Whimsical Wednesday.
    Leslie
    www.thememorynest.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow this is really BEAUTIFUL--love that touch of gold letters, AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is gorgeous Patricia!! I am starting to love the Gold trend to, and I really love the way you cut that Gold Polka Dot paper into that fun banner! Such a cute photo of your Emma!! We do need to get our two Emma's together and definitely meet up soon!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. o wow Patricia! i absolutely love this!! I can't wait to be inspired by all your creativity at GGC.

    ReplyDelete
  13. this is so pretty!!! now i totally want to try that kit :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I took one look at your LO,... and fell in love!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I LOVE this- love the colors, love the pop of gold, love the delicate layers, love the photo!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I can see why this is a favorite photo, Patricia! I love it!! And you scrapped it beautifully! I really like how you challenged yourself not to hoard the beautiful background paper!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow! This is so beautiful! I love all of the layering and the gold is just perfect! Saw you on the Paper Issues link party and thought I would check out your blog. :)

    Becky

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time out to leave me a comment...hope you have a wonderful day!