Tuesday, April 09, 2013

Lily Bee Sketch Challenge

A new sketch is up on the Lily Bee blog today.  Leslie and I got to work with it and I love how both are so very different. 

The sketch had triangles coming down on the left with the photo to the right.  So I stayed with the idea of the layout, but made the triangles smaller and added in some details of my own.
Continuing with our using Negative Space theme on the Lily Bee blog this week, after cutting the triangles from the pattern paper, I flipped it over to use as a mask and added some stamping and then flipped back over to adhere.  I was going to use the same color triangles cut out to pop dot, but I liked the added color.

 Using more negative space, I cut out the card with the leaf pattern to tuck behind the photo.  The speech bubbles from the Flip Flops pattern paper inspired me to mask and ink the speech bubbles on the cardstock.  They were fun to fill in and stitch around...although time consuming, I love the look.
So that's my Archie boy...18 last month, don't know his exact date of birth, but we know it was in March.  We got him when he was about 2 months old.  He's my boy and I mean that literally...he has nothing to do with anyone else, but me.  Although, with his older age, I think he is warming up to Dennis and Emma ;) He tolerates them, where he gives me the look, "sit down, so I can sit on your lap."  I am struggling to type this with him on me now.  That's my boy.  Hope we have more years together.

Pin It!

11 comments:

  1. Loving that grey and those double triangle! Another great layout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love what you did with the sketch!!Your take on it with the triangles is fabulous! I love shapes of any kind & think they are so fun to create with. You incorporated it so well!! What a SWEET little Archie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet page for your sweet kitty! I love all the special little details. The stitching around the word bubbles is a particularly nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous! Way to rock out that hand stitching!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I add triangles to my pages a lot but I never thought to add them like this! I really admire how you always find a unique twist to current trends!!! Fantastic page!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This turned out awesome Patricia!! Love the way you used the triangles and the misted talk bubbles with the stitching! Really fun page!

    ReplyDelete
  7. so amazing-both Archie & your layout :) how i LOVE the stamping under the triangles & that stitching around the speech bubbles is just awesome! super cool! love up Archie for us!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great layout!
    Love all the stitching.
    He sounds like such a sweet cat! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. AWESOME! I love the misting and stitching--LOVELY!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy birthday, Archie! He's adorable!!! I love the page you made and your take on the sketch!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy birthday, Archie boy! One of my cats is a big boy, too, and I have a super soft spot for him. There's something very different about boy cats- they melt your heart. I love the page- especially the use of kraft and the cut outs. I know I always say this, but I love the way you layer colors and prints and different shapes- it all comes together in such a beautiful, cohesive whole without taking away from your photos, which are *always* wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time out to leave me a comment...hope you have a wonderful day!