Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Stamping Week at American Crafts

All this week on the American Crafts blog is stamping week.  American Crafts makes not just stamps but embossing powders, inks, heat guns, and more for stamping.

I really had fun with this assignment.  My favorite thing to do with stamps is to just play and see what patterns I can come up with.  So I did that with the white cardstock peeking out from the photo and made my own patterns on it.   I used leftover cardstock with circles to mask the triangle stamp and confetti stamp from My Girl.  Then stamped the bursts stamp in between.   Cut the cardstock up and layered under the photo.  The My Girls stamps are some of my favorites as you can see.  

then added some of the Yes, Please stamps...some embossed, and some masked and fussy cut.
This was a really fun layout to make.  I loved the colors of the papers, the ink and the embossing powders with that photo of my daughter at the beach.
For the background, I used a leftover cardstock with cut out triangles to mask and mist.
I was really loving the look of the embossed arrows...so that inspired the card.
I added the Dear Lizzy stamp for the main sentiment.  All embossed.  I used the same color stamp marker and embossing powders:  Grapefruit, Aqua and Mustard
And then I had one more idea to make an ice cream cone out of the clouds and cut part of the triangle stamping to form the cone.  
I used the wood mounted alpha stamps from the Yes, Please collection.
Be sure to check out the first post from yesterday as American Crafts is having a stamp giveaway.

Pin It!

11 comments:

  1. awesome...seriously!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute Patricia! I love all the layers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!!! I love how 'busy' the layout is, yet you can see everything! Love the cards, too! :) GREAT job!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. GREAT texture in all of your WONDERFUL projects!

    ReplyDelete
  5. so fabulous! I love the colors on your layout!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are just too lovely. Love love your style a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such fun layout! and love the embossing on the cards, will have to try embossing one of these days :) Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous layering on your layout!
    And great cards!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fun projects Patricia and awesome stamping!! LOVE your cute layout and the misted triangles in the background!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I almost fell of my chair when I saw this layout of yours on AC's blog. It's amazing! So inspiring! Love everything about it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. magnifique ce que tu fais ; very very beautiful
    pretty

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time out to leave me a comment...hope you have a wonderful day!