Monday, May 06, 2013

Beach Boardwalk by Carta Bella

I got my Carta Bella box filled with this new Beach Boardwalk collection.  When I saw it online, I loved the vintage feel to it.  When I saw it and played with it in person, I adored the vintage, retro look to this collection.  The patterns and colors are so easy to work with...these layouts came together in about 2 hours!  Love when that happens!

Here's my first one.  I have to say the typography from the Riding the Waves PP is what inspired this...I cut it apart and then added a border to the left, pop dotting some of them.  I added in a few stickers, embellishments, and cut apart the wave from another sticker...I liked how it looped back pointing to the photo.
I used a simple background since I was going for the bold border.  But to add a little texture, I used the Studio Calico Sundrifter masks in two Distress ink colors (blue and orange) using a blending tool.  Also ran the Glitz anchor across it for a little grungy/artsy look.
A better look at the typography...just LOVE it!
And this is my second layout that is featured on the Carta Bella blog here.  I wanted to use three photos on this layout that were taken with my iPhone.  I didn't put them on Instagram, but instead edited them in Photoshop Elements using Adrienne Looman's soft tea action.  I was able to lower the opacity of it and adjusted the levels...these were my favorite photos, but came out too dark.  The action lightened them gave them a nice vintage look as well.
After I had the photos placed, pattern paper cut and glued, I added stickers and embellishments.  So many of us have the wood veneers.  I left the tabbed Studio Calico wood veneer naked and just stamped on it with the Dear Lizzy sayings roller stamp.  Love that little detail.
A few more details so you can see the papers and stickers.

Such a fun collection to work with.  What do you think of it?  This is on sale at 2 Peas and Scrapbook.com.  Thanks for stopping by!

Pin It!

8 comments:

  1. Awesome layouts! Love them! I almost bought this collection last week, but didn't... now I am so kicking myself!!! Thanks for enabling! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What do I think of it? I'm thinking you've enabled me to buy this collection. LOL! Amazing pages, Patricia!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful layouts! I especially love the first one with the masks/roller. Looks like you guys had an amazing time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love both of these Patricia!! The mix of papers and embellishments from this collection are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the retro feel of this collection, and love both your lo's. Great misting on the first one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both are gorgeous! Lovely pics as well. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really love both layouts, but the second one is just amazing! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are so great! I love how they are themey, but not over the top and the focus is still on those gorgeous picts! Thanks, btw, for the link to that action... I might have to try :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time out to leave me a comment...hope you have a wonderful day!