Thursday, May 30, 2013

Crate Paper's The Pier Summer Splash Challenge

I remember when I first saw this line on the computer, I wasn't too sure about it.  When I saw it in person, I LOVED it!  I played with the Crate Paper's current Summer Splash challenge using their new The Pier line.

I had the idea of what I wanted to do, but not sure how it would come out, and it came out not exact, but I love the outcome.   
 I wanted a summery, pool feeling layout.  And I knew I wanted an ombre effect on the background.  I had learned this little technique from Janna Werner.  Using mist watered down on a non-stick mat...swipe your paint brush through it and go from side to side moving the length of the paper...you CANNOT re-dip your brush...you have to keep going...that is the key to the look.  Try this on a scrap piece first.  And I did and I didn't get the stronger color I wanted first, but kept going.  And glad I did...it was perfect.
 Cut the pinking circles, then putting pattern paper behind the circles (I used the 6x6 smaller patterns for that).  This was a fun layout and captured the feel I wanted for my first dip in the pool this year.
Paper Issues has a new theme up right now for Lifestyle projects.  I'm linking this one up.  You can link yours up here and a chance to win from our sponsor, Lifestyle Crafts.  Thanks for stopping by...will be back tomorrow with another layout.

Pin It!

12 comments:

  1. This is amazing, Patricia! Seriously WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with Heather- this is incredible. I love how you layered everything, love the mix of textures. Such a gorgeous page! Maybe you will help me find my scrappy mojo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great layout! Love the cluster of elements behind the photo and also those fun circle elements!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it Patricia!! Lots of great layering and I love those fun wavy circles and the ombre effect in the background!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is AWESOME--great texture and color!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very summery!
    definitely reminds me of the pool.
    And I love your ombre technique!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The colours in this layout work great together :-)
    Love the handstitching too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous!!! Love the effect you created!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are amazing!!!! love all the details. I felt the same way about this line when I saw it on my computer. But, as soon as a couple of things came in the mail, I knew I wanted more!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So great! I love the watercolor look you achieved and those circles are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I was seriously resisting this collection but after I saw this, I went ahead and ordered it. I'm so excited now. Needless to say, this is stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a stunner, from the ombre to the hand stitching and layering, I love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time out to leave me a comment...hope you have a wonderful day!