Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Disney World Project Life Album

(The winner of the American Crafts National Scrapbook Day Blog Hop is:  JESSICA   Congrats, Jessica!!  Email me at patriciaroebuck@bellsouth.net, and I'll get your goodies to you)

Yes, it is done!  Two things were the hardest:  deciding how to break down the photos (chronological or by park) and then in between other scrapping assignments.  I decided to break it down by the events as they happened.  I will post tomorrow a little more about my process just in case in helps anyone. 

I took pictures as best I could with everything in the plastic so you could feel like you are looking through it.  

I used a Crate Paper album, and instead of clinging the clingy thing to our cars, I stuck it to the front! 
I made the collage in Photoshop Elements, printed it, and cut it out.
You'll see some familiar layouts that our mixed in...I have one more I am waiting to get back that got pubbed!
I used a mix of protectors...for the hotel flyer, I cut it apart and slipped into an 8.5x11 protector.

I had a couple of Pivi printer pictures from the hotel left, so I attached right on top of the flier along with our hotel keys.
A size 6x12 protector broken down into 4x6 for postcards.

Some instagrammed photos didn't save...so this photo of our hotel I took with the iPhone, I edited in Photoshop Elements and printed as 4x6.  Looks like a postcard!
The travel day and arriving day in a collage type layout.
I used a mix of Becky Higgins Project Life protectors.  The only one I did not use was the traditional A size.  I liked the different formats of the others best.
Different size protectors stacked together so you can peek into the next page.  Sometimes I stapled a Studio Calico wood veneer tab to the smaller ones.
I'll have a linked the different size protectors at the bottom of this post.
Got a rough start...at first I did do the simple, print and slip in (which there is nothing wrong with)...I just really didn't like it.  So I went with how I would normally do my personal Project Life.
With the exception of the two postcards, the 'Ohana family photo and one with Cinderella, all the photos I took.

I used the 8.5x11 protectors to hold the photo folders we purchased.


One more layout will go here with more Dumbo pictures.  The Mickey and Minnie on Dumbo is a postcard ;) This layout to the left was a Carta Bella assignment with So Noted.


I used Panda Eight Flair and flair I picked up at Disney World's Boardwalk in one of the shops by the register.

Onto day two on the right...I may add a tag or something to identify it more....later, but it is dated and lots of journaling.




My double-page spread assignment for American Crafts...fit perfectly in the 8.5x11.


At the Belle attraction, she doesn't sign books, only gives a bookmark (because she loves to read)...I added just a touch of Scotch ATG on the back and slipped into a 6x12 protector.
They did give us a photopass for this attraction, but we didn't purchase any photopass photos this time.




I think the electrical parade photos are some of my favorites...as was the parade...it was Emma's first time seeing.  Another layout...this one was for Studio Calico's Sunday Sketch.

Onto another day...
I hope, if you are curious, you can make out the writing. 
I just want to add...I did not include every single photo I took.  Sometimes I would include another character photo with Emma, like I did here with Goofy...it fit and it was too cute.  But the Nemo Musical...I included some favorites...I may do a layout with it like I did for the Lion King.




Another double-pager for an American Crafts assignment...the layouts mixed in add so much more interest and fun to the album.
Onto another day...this was Valentine's day and our last day...I made the LOVE with the Mickey ears to use with the Silhouette.  You can download it here.



Okay, this section may be a little boring...but on our last ride through It's A Small World...Emma yelled, "Momma, take that picture and that one and that one!"  I probably drove the people behind us crazy...but I did!  Since it is our favorite ride, I included them all!
American Crafts size 6x12 protectors with 4x6 slots...I just made the photos smaller...used the Webster's Pages overlays to act as the Pattern Paper for both sides...quick and easy!  And adds a little see-through.

I was able to switch to the Becky Higgins 6x12 size with the two smaller photos in the middle to finish it up...


And that's it for the trip...
My first Disney World Project Life album, I included tags and receipts along with the photos...I decided to make this simpler for myself...so including them in their own spots.  Using a Studio Calico vellum and stitched pocket slipped into a 6x12 protector, I attached the receipts here...
(another layout from the last night)
....then on the back of the receipts, and another Studio Calico stitched pocket, I included photopasses.
More different sized protectors, Studio Calico vellum and pockets to hold tags...

...and park tickets...
Then just slipped the park fliers into a 6x12
(Emma's Disney savings envelope...too priceless not to keep)
And then just misc. things in an American Crafts 8x8 protector.  These things really do add bulk, but it is one fun bulky album!  And it wasn't Emma's birthday...you know Disney, they like to celebrate!
Hope you enjoyed looking through our Disney World trip!

Protectors:

Becky Higgins:
Design G
Small Variety Pack 1

American Crafts:
8.5x11
12x12
6x12

As far as scrapbooking supplies, I mostly used Studio Calico Sundrifter, Glitz Love You Madly, Studio Calico printables, Webster's Pages, American Crafts, October Afternoon, Crate Paper Maggie Holmes, Simple Stories Vintage Bliss, Freckled Fawn, the Heidi Swapp letters from the Scraptastic May Destinations Unknown Add-on kit...for the most part, I stayed with the same color scheme and kept those products together to pull out when I was ready to work on the album.

The majority of everything I purchased through Paper Issues.  I can always use a discount, so a Huge help.  Here's my code if you want a 20% off of anything...PATRICIA

I'll post again tomorrow with a little more of how the album came together.

Pin It!

15 comments:

  1. this is amazing P!!! all the details! I especially like the Circle of Life 2 pager! : .)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous! And tons of great photos too! I have played with the idea of starting project life, so thanks for sharing - I am so inspired! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a fabulous album, you rocked it! I can keep looking at your pages, it makes me feel like I'm back in Orlando :-)
    Totally love the mix of layouts and PL pages!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love what you did to showcase your trip. We just got back from Disney. I will have to use some of these ideas when I begin documenting our fun! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is wonderful! Love the use of the different PL pages/dividers/inserts. We are planning to take the girls to Disney for the first time next year, so I'm collecting ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is wonderful!! You did an awesome job documenting your trip!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I LOVE this! This whole post made my day! We were supposed to go to Disney for a week-long vacation in February (we all got sick, had to postpone), and then we rescheduled for April (Delilah passed, so we postponed again), and then this week (Milo the kitten was able to come home from the cat shelter a month earlier than anyone expected so my parents are taking Gracie and we're staying home). So I'm a little sad that I won't be able to go for a big vacation but we're scheduled for November (holiday decorations!) and I'm getting myself excited for that.

    I LOVED seeing all these pages- it made me doubly excited to go during the holidays and made me think about all the ways to celebrate our time there *and* document it all when we get home. I LOVE all the elements, but I have to admit, I got a HUGE kick out of reading your journaling. Thank you for sharing it!

    This post was awesome- I LOVE Disney so it really felt like a little vacation sitting here and looking at all your photos and reading about your trip. Thank you again. You made my day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow Patricia! You've outdone yourself! I love everything about this album. I truly enjoy how you mixed all the different page protectors and really made a unique album! Couldn't tell you my favorite page, but I truly love how you did the Cinderella picture with your daughter and the doily! Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks awesome Patricia!! That was a lot of work to get done!! I still haven't finished our pics from our 2009 trip!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Patricia - your album is amazing! I love all of the little details and fun elements! I think a PL style is perfect for a travel album

    ReplyDelete
  11. this is over the top incredible! you are beyond inspiring! i'm drooling over every photo & page- what an amazing book- LOVE LOVE it! I know you guys had an amazing trip- this is just so so awesome!! that Emma is going to love it forever just makes it even cooler!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have SO enjoyed looking at this! I love seeing so many of the same pics I have from there. Awesome job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow...this is awesome! This PL style album is so perfect for chock-full-of-fun Disney trips!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What an amazing album. I have bookmarked this for when we eventually take the kids there. I love all the great memorabilia you saved.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is simply amazing!!! WHAT a treasure!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time out to leave me a comment...hope you have a wonderful day!