Friday, May 31, 2013

It Has Been A Privilege to Know You, Young Warlock

Tonight, the Syfy channel is airing the last Merlin show.  Yes, this is a totally geeking out post.  Next to Doctor Who, Merlin was my top favorite show to watch.  I am so disappointed that it is the last of such a great show.  There are rumors of a show with the knights coming back, who knows...I will be stalking though.

Merlin is a BBC show and not a Syfy show, but here in the US, Syfy picked it up to air it.  They delayed the ending, which Merlin fans were not happy with (including ME)...after last week's show, I had to finally see the last one NOW...so I've been able to see it in segments on YouTube, but will gladly watch the entirety of it again tonight.

So in honor of my most favorite show...  I used the intro the Great Dragon always said:  "In a land of myth, and a time of magic, the destiny of a great kingdom rests on the shoulders of a young man.  His name, Merlin."  
 At the bottom, I added what the Great Dragon says as well..."It has been a privilege to know you, young warlock."
 I used mostly new products...but that red PP is a year old or more.  I used gel medium (Mod Podge would work) to attach the square cut out (which I created from the design one of the high priestesses had tattooed on her arm).  You can download it here.  It's not perfect, but it worked for what I wanted on the background.  I used two.  You can resize it smaller if you like.  The gel medium helped with the sequins and stars too...I wanted them sprinkled and not placed.  So they stuck where they dropped.
 I used vellum to print on, because I wanted to include those quotes, but not take away from the layout...I just lightly layered them on top.  And I had to add "I was born with it."  I can hear him saying that...can you see it right under his photo?
Okay...thank you for letting me geek out a little.  I'm sure Syfy will show re-runs or even BBCAmerican.  I know I will watch them again and hopefully have the DVD collection one day.

Have a great weekend!  I may be not back with a blog post until later next week, but I'll be checking in on Facebook and Instagram.  

Pin It!

18 comments:

  1. Patricia. I love everything about this layout. Great colors and choice of embellishments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW this layout is amazing! Love the details and the photo is great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is AWESOME! I LOVED this show--we actually found a place where we could watch the whole show online and finished it a couple of months ago..so SAD that it is over! I loved how the characters interacted and the costumes and story lines were GREAT! SO fun that you scrapped about this show! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol, you are not alone! i became addicted to merlin from the first show....i wish it could go on forever. what a fab page for tribute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh! Love it! The vellum, metallics & fonts are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE LOVE it!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This layout is AMAZING! I always make journal pages about media (it *is* a big part of our life, especially going to the movies!) so I think it's awesome. Not only is the page wonderful, but I appreciate the tip on a new TV show to check out! I LOVE series TV.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a cool and creative layout, Patricia! I loved Dr. Who, but never saw Merlin. It seems that my favorite shows always end way too soon, too! So, I love how you made a scrapbook page about yours!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this layout. The squares are so fun and I love the journaling on the vellum. Gorgeous! (I'm pinning it!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great page Patricia!! Love that you did a page about one of your fave shows!! And the square design on your page is really awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVE this page! I'm a huge Merlin fan also!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I definitely feel the magic on this page!

    ReplyDelete
  13. How fun you'd scrap about a television series! I would never think of that! We watched the first episode too and loved it, but then we somehow missed the next episode and I don't think there were any more here. Love, love, love your page!! the squares, the stitching, the journaling ... just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Merlin was one of the few shows that our whole family loved to watch. We were heartbroken when NBC didn't pick it back up after the first season... and it kept getting blocked on the Internet whenever we'd find a site to watch it on. We finally broke down and bought the DVDs.

    I love your layout... I can hear The Great Dragon's voice saying each of his lines. What a great tribute to a totally awesome show.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I LOVE how you scrapped this!
    I have never seen the show, but sounds like it is worth checking out :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. How cool is this!?!?! Love the angle and the blocks and the misting and the...everything!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time out to leave me a comment...hope you have a wonderful day!