Monday, May 20, 2013

Mother's Day Album - American Crafts

First week of no school here.  We had a busy weekend with Emma's first ballet and tap recital.  She DID IT!  We are so proud of her.

I have a little mini album to share.  I could not resist the American Crafts Mayberry album...it is set up to stand up.  I filled it to the max using photos from Mother's Day.
I printed the pictures all the same size, cropped if needed...but I used the American Crafts scalloped hearts on one edge and adhered it hanging off the edge...
I used mostly Mayberry on the pages, but did mix in a little Yes, Please, My Girl, and Lucky Charm.
I prepped each page by smearing Heidi Swapp Shine mist on each page with water and then stitched around the edges.  Then I went crazy filling it up.
Hope you enjoy looking through it.










And right now, it stays open just like this on the bookshelf...love this picture of Emma.



I had enough photos for the front and back of this page, but I decided I had enough to tell the story and left it like this and just added a die cut and clothespin.

It was a fun day for all of us.  Happy Mother's day again to everyone!

Pin It!

11 comments:

  1. Beautiful, gorgeous, stunning mini album!
    TOTALLY love it! AWESOME job...as always! :))
    Keep 'em coming, Patricia!! I'm always inspired after visiting your blog!! Thanks so much for all that inspiration!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this album Patricia!! The Color Shine and stitching looks awesome on each page and you mixed the 4 lines perfectly!! Glad Emma did a good job during her recital!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love stand up albums, too!
    And this is such a great one! Love how you mixed and matched the lines.
    And it's perfect for a "Mother's Day" album :)
    Glad Emma's recital went well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Patricia I just adore this mini. So gorgeous. I was glad to hear that Emma rocked her recital!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This album is wonderful! Gorgeous, sweet photos, loving all the layers and the collection elements you included. Such a special album!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your album and all your layering. The colors are wonderful and so cheery for Mother's Day. I like how you let papers etc. hang off the page.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww this is so sweet Patricia. You make amazing 'stuff' !
    I always enjoy my little visits to your blog.
    I am sure Emma will treasure your album for a long time! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an awesome mini album!! LOVE the colors, the layering, the stitching ... everything!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, it's lovely! All the photos and the lovely, lovely layers- so inspiring! I decided to make a very *simple* mini album for our two day trips to Disney last week and I just started working on it today. I know I'll be sneaking looks at your pages to inspire mine as I work on it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. this is totally stunning!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time out to leave me a comment...hope you have a wonderful day!