Sunday, May 05, 2013

Paper Issues | Pink Paislee | Mother's Day

{if you are here for the American Crafts National Scrapbook Day Blog Hop, please click here}

Welcome to Paper Issues newest theme AND blog hop!  You should have arrived from DeeDee Catron's blog.  Our theme is Mother's Day with Pink Paislee's line called "Hope Chest."

Pink Paislee was so generous in giving the girls on the blog hop their Hope Chest line to work with!  I was excited to get to play with this line.

  I have had this Heidi Swapp acrylic stand sitting in plain sight in my scrap room so it would remind me, I need to make something with it.  So with the theme of Mother's Day and the collections colors and textures, I knew it was the perfect time to spruce it up!

I did some cutting with the Silhouette, pulled all of the Hope Chest line out, converted some recent photos of me and my daughter into a chocolate black in white color using Coffee Shop's action, and had so much fun with this.  In playing with this, I loved the look of having one grouping on each ring.

The right ring has five different photos hanging from a die cut Paper goods.  I added some of the labels to a few of them.  The left ring is built up around the "Follow Your Heart" cut from Pattern Paper that I misted with Heidi Swapp's Amethyst Shine. 
And here's more about the details, that I think make this my current most favorite project so far this year.   I punched a hole in the leaf cluster on the right, so it is at the bottom of the five photos.  I stamped some sayings on the smaller die cut Paper Goods to hang on top from each ring.  To finish the right side, I added a piece of twine around the ring and added the butterfly.  

For the left side, I used a journaling card, pattern paper I cut with the heart in it, cut a few more hearts out, and stapled some onto the top card, and hung the other one from the ring, and added another stamped Paper Goods on top.  The Pink Paislee canvas ribbon trim was misted with Gold Mr. Huey, and adhered with Zip Dry.  To add a little bit more "hanging over the edge look" I stapled leftover leaves to the journaling card that is behind the top pattern paper cut out.  Finished it off with a butterfly paperclip and jewel.
Pink Paislee is giving away 2 packs of their Hope Chest Line!!  In order to win:
1.  Like Pink Paislee on Facebook {tell them Paper Issues sent you}
3.  Leave a comment on the Paper Issues post {HERE}

I am last on the hop, so your next stop is the Paper Issues Facebook page.

And be sure to link up your Mother's Day projects old or new here.

Pin It!

32 comments:

  1. I'm loving the colors of this line.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my favorite lines ! beautiful creation !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness! Breathtaking project, Patricia! I can see why it is your favorite. Brilliant idea and just so perfect for this line! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous project. Love all of the layers and the colors. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is soo pretty! Love the layering

    http://vixendeity.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the soft colors! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is one beautiful, and amazing, project! I'd say you rocked this collection, Patricia. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just beautiful Patricia...love all the little details.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fun project - so many things to look at!! I love how you brought it altogether!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your project but especially the layering. Beautiful Patricia!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so pretty!Great project!

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow--this is great!!! so gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. this is so wonderful Patricia! So much goodness in one place!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, Patricia! This is gorgeous, and you really used the Hope Chest line to it's fullest!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. GORGEOUS! Love that perfect touch of purple :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great project! Love all the layering and the pretty color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  17. How absolutely beautiful, Patricia! :)
    Love the touches of purple :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. WoW!! I am LOVING this, it is so BEAUTIFUL and FUN!! THANKS for sharing and have a Fabulous Week!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Patricia, I can always count on you to inspire me, and to wow with your awesome ideas! What a great way to use the rings...with two groupings. Of course, your design is beautiful (as usual, you always make me swoon), and the chocolate b&w is fffffffffffab!! :D Beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is a gorgeous album. love it. What a cutie pie.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great mini! Love all the layers and details!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful colors and your daughter is such a cutie. I love how you used black and white photos. It all came together to produce a gorgeous project!

    ReplyDelete
  23. wow nice layout i really like pink paislee


    ReplyDelete
  24. That is just beautiful, amazing. I would love to get something like that for mother's day!! WOW

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time out to leave me a comment...hope you have a wonderful day!