Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Project Life, Week 21

I hope everyone had a great weekend whether or not you had the extra day off or not for Memorial Day. 

As usual for us, our days center around Emma, but we enjoyed it too...we spent a lot of time outside in or by the pool and made fajitas.  

I can tell I'm ready for summer (although, it is pretty hot) because of my color choices for week 21.  Changing it up a little...I have masked and misted before on cardstock for Project Life pockets, so I decided to stick with what I like for now...so using leftover cardstock that I had smeared watered down mist onto, I masked and misted in yellow the sunburst mask...I don't like to waste that ink, so then I turned the mask over and stamped on the second piece of cardstock.  It gave it the color, but with a different look.  So used those sheets for all the 4x6 pockets.  I used mostly Crate Paper's The Pier for the smaller pockets with some Studio Calico printables.
I could scrap with these colors all the time for every theme!  I just love it...I added in some neon too! Stamped and embossed with Zing Neon green and pink, and the smiley face was from stickers Emma gave me for Mother's Day ;)   Stamped the "good stuff" with Hero Arts neon pink.
 This week marked our fist time getting in the pool this year...our favorite place to be all summer long!  The photo of me and Emma doing errands with the temps in the 90's cracks me up...I didn't know if it came out...I can see her and me and we look hot!  We were dripping with sweat.
 I did take a few close-ups this time, so you can see the cardstock...such an easy thing to do and adds just the right amount of color and texture...I did not add much more detail to these spreads, because it was just perfect.
 I have to add...I LOVE the new burnished Studio Calico wood veneers...my favorite wood veneers so far!  Another new love are the frames from the Crate Paper The Pier line.
 
And the cork embellies from Studio Calico...the "today," are so awesome.
I think this spread really fits my mixed up style:  pretty, funky, colorful, detailed, a little romantic, and goofy.  

As always, thanks for stopping by and taking a look into our day to day...hope you have a great day!

Pin It!

5 comments:

  1. You continue to inspire me with your adorable Project Life Pages Patricia! Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful pages!
    Love how you used the leftover misted pages.
    I am so excited to start PL for summer next week.
    I think it's going to be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Patricia! I love your PL pages! They are always so creative and really lovely! Your love of family shines brightly on your layouts, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!!! And now... I think I must have those Heidi Swapp alphas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE the colors and the way you mixed product and technique. So soft and beautiful- perfect for summer!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time out to leave me a comment...hope you have a wonderful day!