Tuesday, June 25, 2013

American Crafts - Meet Me In the Sunshine and Love You More

With Emma's Hawaiian themed birthday party coming soon and summer, I am so inspired by tropical and juicy colors.  I had to get creative. 

And creative is what I did with this beach, vacation layout!
Used gesso and an old credit card on part of the background, then a wash of neon orange mist.  Cut out lots of butterflies from pattern paper and started adhering them randomly but on a diagonal.  
Added some fussy cuts and stickers under and over the photo and butterflies.
Tucked in the banner and added some journaling.  I used baby powder on the stickers so I could adhere just in the center of them, so they looked like they were floating.
More inspiration from the juicy colors, but more girly and sweet.
Instead of building my layout from the background, I started with the "love you more" card, and started adding pieces around and under.
After I had enough papers, I picked the background.  I went with white and added sprinkles and swirls from neon mists.
Finished off the layout with embellishments to bring the layout together, added some stamping and fussy cut to pop dot.
Thanks for stopping by! 

If you have some projects with fussy cutting, be sure to link up the current theme over at Paper Issues.  Persnickety Prints is our generous sponsor, giving away a $25 gift certificate.

Pin It!

10 comments:

  1. i love all the amazing layering and fussy cutting patricia, it "feels" tropical on both your layouts, amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW Patricia. Both layouts are gorgeous. But that top one is outstanding. Love how you layered all the embellishments and papers. I would love to try this but not sure mine would look as nice as yours. Absolutely stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh WOW- wow wow wow! Both layouts are AMAZING, but that first one is like an art installation (and the art historian/curator in me means that in the VERY highest regards possible, trust me!) Just... wow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. absolutely gorgeous patricia!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such pretty pages!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such fabulous layering on these, but I am especially loving that first one with all the fussy cutting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh MY what YUMMY layering!! Love these layouts!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What bright, fun, and super cheerful layouts! Just love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Omg! how colorful they are!! Awesome! My fav is the second ... <3 this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous pages Patricia!! Your first layout is fussy cutting heaven!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time out to leave me a comment...hope you have a wonderful day!