Friday, June 28, 2013

American Crafts - Wedding

It's Wedding Week on the American Crafts Blog.  While I was scratching my head figuring out what to do with this assignment, I decided to rummage in our photo albums (thanks to hubby) to pull out a photo of us at our wedding.  I had my idea that I would use the wedding quilt as a background.  So I put my Silhouette to use by cutting the background with cardstock and then filled in with pattern paper on top.  

So here's how it came out.
I used a heat gun to randomly twist and glue the ribbon, tucking here and there...just like a bouquet.  I added baby powder to stickers so I could just stick part of it and the rest pop up.  Lots of fussy cutting too.
I had a song in my head to use for the title, but it was long...and when I stumbled on the "our never ending story" sticker, I knew it was perfect.
I just love the wedding quilt pattern and why not make a card to match.  I really love the bold navy and pink with the soft pastel colors. 

Thanks, as always, for stopping by...I hope you have a wonderful weekend and get some scrapping done.  Share on Instagram or Facebook if you do.  Friend me if you haven't already, and let me see. 

Pin It!

9 comments:

  1. Sweet page, Patricia!
    And great photo of the two of you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww. Beautiful layout and picture. Love the quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my BREATH TAKING--seriously!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this layout! :) Love the quilt pattern so much!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sooo beautiful- I love how you layer and cluster.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful layout Patricia! I love the wedding quilt background and soft colors! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a beautiful layout Patricia!! Love the quilted pattern in the background and the fussy cut elements!

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is just the sweetest!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a gorgeous wedding page, Patricia! A beautiful card too. Wow!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time out to leave me a comment...hope you have a wonderful day!