Thursday, June 27, 2013

Project Life, Week 23 - Scraptastic and Ormolu

Ever since I got that email back in April showing sneaks of the new Project Life kits from Scraptastic, I couldn't wait until June to get the first.  This PL kit really got me excited.  Kaitlin from Ormolu designs the cards and stamps and Jessica adds other embellishments and items to the kit.  

The first PL kit from Scraptastic

I knew I would use the kit for the week we went to the beach.  Here's my full spread.
The left side...I added some of my own wood veneers (the geotag and Alabama), and had to use my new neon washi tape (only because I am obsessed with neon).  But the majority of all of this is from the kit.  I got creative with mist again (neon) and painted the "summer fun" die cut and painted the tiny wood veneers from the kit.  I also pulled out some of my colored pencils and decided to color in the butterflies.  I have never used Ormolu stamps, they are very high quality, really nice.  I brushed on mist for the "time" stamp.  Didn't come out right, but stamped again, and really liked the washed look of it with the beach photo.
The right side.  Got creative with the stamps in just stamping parts of it.  The "currently" goes with the date and time stamp on the far top left.  Also got creative with washi tape.  The neon pink and orange, I layered.  And then I layered the washi that came in the kit on top of it on the bottom right.  The card on the bottom left, I added the washi from the kit in between some of the lines and added some of those lovely sequins.
A few closeups...the "what?" frame is from Freckled Fawn.  Jessica will have these in the shop...so these came with my kits.

I love how the affect of three different washi tapes here came out.  Love when you try something, and it really comes out great.
I have used sequins in my December Daily but not with Project Life.  Why?  I don't know...starting now, I will...such a fun touch!

I have used Becky Higgins core kits but have never used a kit like this for Project Life.  This fits perfectly with the look I want.  So much fun putting this together.  It was strange for me, I have to admit, because for the past year and a half, I have mostly used my own stash and new products I purchase to create my own spreads.  

The kits just make it a little faster and narrows down your choices...and, admittedly, just makes it more fun to make.

I did finally decided (after three times changing my mind) to get the Studio Calico Project Life kits.  So I also got that one for June.  Will share soon how that one looks. 

Have a great day...thanks for stopping by...see you soon!

Pin It!

5 comments:

  1. Your PL pages are always just absolutely gorgeous!
    I have to say, if I wasn't already subbing to Paper Bakery, Scraptastic is my next choice. They are around the same price and both super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great pages! I love all the stitching that you add!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super, super cute!! Love all the layering and die cuts!! I've become a little lazy with my PL lately, so THANK YOU for the inspiration to embellish away!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh this is just SO fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is awesome, Patricia! Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time out to leave me a comment...hope you have a wonderful day!