Monday, July 15, 2013

American Crafts - Hello Hansen's

One of our Summer Bucket list items was to go to Hansen's Snow Blitz in New Orleans.  Growing up, our family always went to a local snowball stand, but friends of ours told us Hansen's has the finest shaved ice and homemade syrups.
The line can get long and the wait over an hour...so we hit it just at the right time (during the week around 2 p.m.) and waited 20 minutes for one of their handmade/homemade snowballs.  What I didn't get were enough pictures of them making them and the snowball...I was so excited! 
But we did get a picture of us there...and it IS the best I have ever tasted...my husband doesn't care for them, and loved them, Emma doesn't care for them, and ate it...it is so fine, it's like eating ice cream and no syrupy taste.
I started the background on white cardstock, stamped and embossed in white, painted with watered down gelatos, sprinkled mists, a little more stamping, and then added the photos and embellishments.

Hope everyone has a great week!

Pin It!

12 comments:

  1. I just love this layout and how you created your background!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous Patricia!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love this! I like how you used circles throughout your design.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing! Love how you used the frames, Just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the page, you did a great job!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving all the layering on the banners Patricia!

    ReplyDelete
  7. such a fabulous page!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this page, Patricia, and that you guys are doing a Summer bucket list!! The Gelatos and mist look awesome in the background and I love the frames around your photos!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE this- LOVE the background!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. sounds yummy--GREAT layout!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. FULL of gorgeousness!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time out to leave me a comment...hope you have a wonderful day!