Monday, July 29, 2013

Laina Lamb - Project Life, Week 29 and a Layout to Share

Laina Lamb recently asked me to create a couple of projects using her dies and stamps.  I was excited to get these goodies from her soon after. 
For the first project, I did a project life spread.  The two dies on the top left are perfect for the pockets...the speech bubble is just a little smaller, so just add cardstock or pattern paper to fill the pocket and attach the cut out on top.
I knew I wanted to also use the new Carta Bella Hello Again collection with this week's photos.  The stamps are very trendy and go perfectly with the collection...you can see the triangle, chevron, and alpha stamps here...and also close ups of some of those dies I cut out.  
Aren't those speech bubbles cute?  I stitched around them to add a little definition and texture.  For more texture, I added a partial chevron stamp on the bottom left card.
A few closeups to see more.
This was also a special week as we celebrated 4 years since our adoption...we celebrated with family and friends...very special friends...Emma and Merrin were together in China as babies.

And next...here's a layout using the dies and stamps with a mix of Carta Bella Hello Again, October Afternoon Travel Girl, Basic Grey Mint Julep, Crate Paper/Maggie Holmes, Studio Calico, and Heidi Swapp.  Lots of trendy supplies and the dies and stamps fit right in.
I decided to cut down the LOVE die and use as a pocket to hold more die cuts.
Stamped the triangle stamp on the October Afternoon label to tuck under.
I really love the triangle stamp as you can see...so stamped the cut out butterflies here, and stamped the chevron stamp onto vellum.
Thank you Laina for letting me play with your beautiful products!

Have a great week!

Pin It!

9 comments:

  1. Super cute projects!
    I have seen others use her product and it's always cute.
    Although I will admit, I have no idea how to use dies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fantastic pages! How fun to have had those goodies to play with and you totally showed them off! Love how you added the background stamps to add something extra to the journaling cards/butterfly elements!

    ReplyDelete
  3. absolutely GORGEOUS my friend, love how you incorporated everything into your spread, gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sigh...these are so beautiful, Patricia. Your PL pages are always pure perfection.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your PL spreads are always awesome Patricia, and that layout is too cute!! Love the fun girlie look and that adorable pic of Emma!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Insanely beautiful projects! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are awesome. I love how you combined the dies and the stamps with "finished product"- I always geta little stumped on how to use my stamps (and my older collection of Quickutz) with product that already seems complete- thanks for the ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  8. AWESOME job Patricia!! LOVE how you ROCKED the dies and stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those are some great dies! Need to put those on my wishlist! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time out to leave me a comment...hope you have a wonderful day!