Wednesday, July 03, 2013

Lily Bee - Stars and Stripe Cards

Stars and Stripes forever!  Independence Day is tomorrow...and although I do not go all out with decorations...I LOVE LOVE all things patriotic.  At one time in my young life, I wanted to join the military just to be in the band!  Playing Philip Sousa songs were my favorites out of all the marching songs.

The talented Becky and I are up on the Lily Bee blog today sharing our Stars and Stripes cards.  I kept these clean and crisp.  
I got the inspiration for this card when I went to the mall the other day.  I used a sun cut out and then did a mirror cut out to layer under the star and brad.  That background paper is the Postcard patterned paper from the Destinations collection and my MOST favorite from that line.
And a star shaped card...I just welded two stars together in Silhouette to make this, then cut out descending sizes of the star outlines.  I used the sketch pens to write "let freedom ring" and the outline on the small star.
Be sure to see what Becky has created on the Lily Bee blog.  Thanks for stopping by!

Pin It!

9 comments:

  1. So pretty! I love both cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWESOME cards!!! Love how you used your Silhouette for both! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun cards! Great design!
    I totally love the red/white/blue combo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfectly fun and patriotic, Patricia! Love the star with the stitching between the papers. Really love the look of that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oooh - these are fantastic! I love red, white, and blue too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are absolutely amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are awedome cards Patricia!! Love both of them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love these- they are like Op-art! So cool!

    ReplyDelete
  9. these are just AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time out to leave me a comment...hope you have a wonderful day!