Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Project Life, Week 26 Using Studio Calico Kit

I got a chance to dig into the June PL kit from Studio Calico.  I made a one-page spread for this week, with lots of journaling and tried a few more different things out.

Stamped and embossed in white, then painted with watered down gelatos on the first card...then took the star from the stamp set in neon ink and stamped, next I stitched a messy circle around it...I didn't realize at the time, it was matching that card right next to it...so I went around a few more times.  
The "June" was cut off from the bottom calendar card.  I just got the Hero Arts neon paint dabbers.  You can get them at Paper Issues now for 20% off using code "HELLO."  They are pricey but worth it...more like ink than a paint.  I love Tina Walker...she is so talented, and I am a huge fan of hers...I had seen her use the Distress Ink in these sponge topped bottles and make splatters...so I tried it, loved it!  You use a paint brush, wet the sponge...then pound it on the paper...you can see it on the orange, top-right card with the pink splatters.  I'll get braver next time, and do more.
Using the stamp set from the kit, I stamped on top of the photo of Emma, added some wood veneers and star from Atlantic...love that collection.
I was slow catching onto the anchor and nautical trend, but love it now.

Close up of my splatters...love that!
This was my first time using a Studio Calico Project Life kit, and loved it...both this one and the Scraptastic kits really make PL more fun.

I have a another project life with the new July Scraptastic kit I will share this week.  

Wish I could share more...last week and this past weekend, I finished 9 projects heading to CHA for Carta Bella!  So excited.  It was last minute work, but it is so fun.   Hope to share soon...but also ready to start on a few more layouts and cards that I can share.

Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. how exciting you have work going to CHA--one day! ;) GREAT job on this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it!! :) All your work is always so bright and fun.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time out to leave me a comment...hope you have a wonderful day!