Tuesday, August 20, 2013

American Crafts - Birthday Layout and Card

Last week on the American Crafts blog was Birthday week.  

Instead of scrapping the birthday photos, I decided it would be fun to scrap the little adventure Emma took us on for her special day.  I LOVE this idea...it wasn't planned, until we took that first photo at LaMadeleine's, and then we knew we had to do it for each stop.
I wanted lots of color, but didn't have an idea how to incorporate it.  I just started cutting strips of patterned paper and adhering them onto cardstock.  I added a few rows of stitching to hold them better.  
 Then I decided to cut them all to 2" squares.  Some of the PP did fall off if not adhered good enough for the smaller pieces.  On some spots I left it as is...it was still coming out cute.  Then put each photo and a few more layers on top of four squares.  Finished it off with a big "5."  I think I may have to do this every year.  This is sooo my daughter...and captures what "she" wanted to do on her day.
So inspired by all of the chalk looking embellishments, so I stamped and embossed "happy" on one of the chalkboard labels from Mayberry for a birthday card.  And flipping through the My Girl alpha stickers, I came across a bee.  Too cute and perfect and finished off the card just right.

Thanks as always for stopping by.  Have a great day!

Pin It!

7 comments:

  1. I LOVE the idea of your layout--chronicling your girl's special day, and that card is ADORABLE too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love, love that layout!!
    Totally fun design, colors, photos ...
    Awesome card too!! Love the layering ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving that layout, what a great way to incorporate all those different patterns, love the big 5 too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh what fun! Love the little card, but that layout just screams out happy! Great job my friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That layout is so fun! Those photos are fabulous and your design is awesome! Your card is so cheery and cute.:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the fun design on the layout Patricia! Such a fun take on a grid design! And your card is super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this page..... great LO as usual.

    ANd this card is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time out to leave me a comment...hope you have a wonderful day!