Thursday, August 08, 2013

American Crafts - Party Decor Week

So excited to share this with you today.  My daughter just recently turned 5 and this is the second year she is a little scared of the flame of the candle, so I create a "faux" candle for her each year.  Last year it was a rainbow theme...this year it was Hawaiian.

You can see the step by step of how I put this candle together on the American Crafts blog here.
Emma instructed me as to what she wanted on her candle, and I was not sure if I could pull it off, but it really came out cute...
Made matching toppers for the theme for the cupcakes as well...the Hawaiian theme is so fun...she picked a good one!
I still can't believe my girl is 5...Happy Birthday, Emma!!
Thanks for stopping by and go check out the step by step on the American Crafts blog...I have to say I kind of like the idea of having the candle as part of the decor.

Oh, and yes, I made those cupcakes from scratch...the cake part and the icing...HUGE hit. Thanks to my friend Wendy for sharing the cake recipe, and the Internet for finding the icing recipe.  I am not a chocolate cake person, but these have converted me...seriously that good!  I will add...don't put them in the refrigerator...just keep them covered.  We were shocked that a few days after the party, they were still fresh!  Now I'm ready to make more...LOL!

Pin It!

7 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! How fun and so very cute! Love the palm trees! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Patricia! What a fun and fabulous layout! I love that photo so much! And all of the wonderful decor you made - they are all just so happy! Thanks for sharing your talents with us, my friend! Hope you are having a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE it all- so tropical!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a fun and fabulous theme! Love the idea of a faux candle, especially when it's as awesome as this one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This party decor is adorable, Patricia!! And I love that cute flameless candle you created for Emma!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is all so cute Patricia! Emma must have loved it! You totally rocked the party decor.:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time out to leave me a comment...hope you have a wonderful day!