Sunday, August 25, 2013

Paper Issues and Simple Scrappers

Hope everyone is having a good weekend so far.

Some fun stuff going on at Paper Issues with the new theme.  Our sponsor is Simple Scrapper, and they are giving away 2 prizes of a 1 month subscription to Simple Scrapper & Everyday Story Teller 1 & 2 download.

Join the girls on the hop and make sure you head over to Paper Issues for your chance to win.  And join us with your interpretation of the sketch from Simple Scrapper.  This is what I came up with.
You'll see after you stop over at Paper Issues, that I stayed pretty close to the sketch.  And a shout out to DeeDee on the Paper Issues team...I used her circle chipboard here from her company called UmWow...and it really is Wow!  Awesome stuff.  The circles are from her confetti line.
I have completely finished Jill Sprott's 2 Peas class called Soulful Scrapper...but I was influenced by the class, and was a little more "real" in my journaling here...I love that that Basic Grey die cut envelope kind of hides a little of it.
I was going to add stitching along the lines of the design, but decided for a fun twist and zig zag stitch across some of the feathers from the Studio Calico background paper.
Hope you join us and create a project with the sketch and link up, follow the details at Paper Issues for a chance to win too.   Thanks for stopping by!

Pin It!

11 comments:

  1. What a super creative way of stitching the background and title letters, great LO!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many beautiful details, Patricia! Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all the different circles on this page!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty page Patricia, and I love the stitching on your background!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fantastic, I love all the fun circles and the stitching is such a cool addition!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the stitching! Beautiful LO..x

    ReplyDelete
  7. FAB layout; love all the circles and the stitched lines are awesome!! wow!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love what you did with the sketch!! There's so much to see! Love the chipboard and your stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I saw this on instagram and had to come have a closer look, I soooo adore the design of this one!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. this is beautiful! I love the random stitching on the page--AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super cool design! Love the stitching!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time out to leave me a comment...hope you have a wonderful day!