Wednesday, September 04, 2013

Crate Paper Navy and Sequins Challenge

Crate Paper recently had a Navy and Sequins challenge.  I had grand ideas for a design using sequins, but in the end, I went with still a well designed, but practical/simple, layout with lots of meaning.  

I'm still so influenced by Jill Sprott's 2 Peas Soulful Scrapper.  

I had no idea what photos to use with the combination I was putting together...and really challenged myself when I used these photos of my daughter learning to read from the Bob books.  The color of the book is not an easy color to work with.  But I think I pulled it off and brought in accents of the same color enough to compliment the design and theme.



Hoping Crate Paper likes it.  Thanks for stopping by!

Pin It!

11 comments:

  1. LOVE how this came out Patricia!!!! Perfect blend of elements..and the title is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it, so many great elements, the sequins, the sequin pocket, the little tags, the trims, gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute page!!
    And I love how you used the sequins.
    I just got those frames from Cassie and can't wait to use them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This page is amazing, off to order me some sequins from PI!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh i love this ...those pops of pink really make it stand out!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great take on the challenge, Patricia!! I think you did a fab job with the Navy and sequins and also rocked pulling in the color from the Bob Book!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How awesome are sequins!! Love this layout :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. If Crate Paper doesn't like it, they're crazy, Patricia. LOL! This is one awesome page! Love the title work, little "E" monogram and sequins!

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a GREAT combo of colors and WAY to scrap the unusual--LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a stunning layout. Love everything about it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ohhhh, this is definitely one of my favorite layouts!! Going to pin it!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time out to leave me a comment...hope you have a wonderful day!