Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Gearing Up for December Daily - Scraptastic Kit Club

Last year's December Daily, I gathered my own supplies and was about to do that this year, but can't resist what Jessica with Scraptastic Kit Club and Kaitlin with Ormolu have put together.

Here's just a few individual pictures to see what you get.
Love these stamps!

And here is a Full List of Contents:
1 Studio Calico Bare Chipboard Chevron Embossed D-Ring Album
1 Extra pack of Studio Calico Handbook Page Protectors
1 Crate Paper 6x6 Bundled Up Paper Pad
20 Exclusive Ormolu 3x4 Cards
4 Exclusive Ormolu 4x6 Cards
2 Sheets of Exclusive Ormolu Cut Aparts
2 Sheets of Exclusive Ormolu Cut Aparts Numbers
1 Exclusive Ormolu 3x4 Clear Stamp Set
4 Exclusive Ormolu Flair Badges
1 Sheet of Glitz Design Hello December Sticker Sheet
1 Sheet of Glitz Design Hello December Alphabet Sheet
1 Package of Dear Lizzy Polka Dot Party White Thickers
Partial Package of Crate Paper Bundled Up Photo Overlays
1 Package of My Mind's Eye Mistletoe Magic Enamel Dots
1/2 Package of Fancy Pants Merry Little Christmas Clothespins
1 Sheet of Jillibean Soup Red Holidays Wise Words
1 Package of Chic Tags Good Tidings Photo Toppers
1 Package of Chic Tags Good Tidings Clear Tags
1 Webster's Pages It's Christmas Dear Santa Bag
1 Roll of American Crafts Rouge Glitter Tape
Partial Package of Studio Calico Magical Star Sequins
1 Webster's Pages Red Rudolph Paper Clip
1 Webster's Pages Green Christmas Tree Paper Clip
1 Webster's Pages Green Star Tree Paper Clip
1 Webster's Pages Red Bow Paper Clip
1 Maya Road Christmas Tree Paper Clip
3 Whisker Graphics Bitty Bags: Red Diagonal Kraft, Silver Polka Dot Kraft, White Kraft
3 Whisker Graphics Shipping Tags: 2 White, 1 Red
2x2 Bag of Sequins

I always get excited, and have lots of anticipation to get started on December Daily.  I will be one of the Scraptastic Design Team members to take you through my DD.  The class is free with the purchase of the December Daily Stocking Stuffer kit at Scraptastic.  So be sure to pre-order yours now.

If the idea of a December Daily brings the feeling of just one more thing you "have" to do for the Holidays.  Let me share several of my thoughts about doing a DD.

  • I love to scrap.  I love pretty papers and things and I love the idea of a completed project with all of these things to look through after.  
  • I love to look back on our memories and what the "details" of the holiday were like for us.
  • This is the most important one:  It makes Christmas more meaningful.  I would not give taking photos of our ornaments, or trips to the mall, my Starbucks cup much of a second thought...but because of DD, it makes me stop and take in all the "senses" that the season really has to offer besides the hustle and bustle.  It makes me slow down...  I will share in class how last year I made my DD stress-free and fun.
  • I do have a little girl...she keeps us on our toes, she makes us get out and do things we normally wouldn't do.  I want to capture it all.  (No kids) Well, I can relate...having been married for almost 19 years without our daughter.  I WISH I scrapbooked then.  I would love to look back on me and on us.  Our lives our part of DD.  And YOUR life whether single, married, kids/no kids...matters.  This brings you back to the third bullet above.  Your life has meaning, seek it out and capture it.
  • Community...lots of scrappers are doing it.  We inspire each other.  Not one is better than the other because it is unique and personal to each of us.  You are part of this community of other people just like you taking a few minutes out of your busy day to see what everyone is doing and getting ideas for your next DD entry.  It gives you motivation.
  • The Holidays bring lots of emotions:  anticipation, expectation; sadness, loneliness  It brings so much on us sometimes that makes it unbearable.  Include the yucky feelings in DD, process it, but then look for the positive things...turn it around.  Include all those little things leading up to the day where in 2 seconds it's done!  This really helps to make the holidays truly "Merry and Bright."
Hope to see you in class at Scraptastic this December!

Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. I know you will rock your DD, Patricia! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so right- I wish I had scrapped my life before Gracie arrived home. I can't remember much about it, which is crazy since it was only eight years ago. But I don't remember the little details at all- our schedule, our quirks, our getaways and adventures. Thank you for the reminder to KEEP scrapping these days. They may not seem scrap-worthy, but scrapping not only makes me pay more attention, it definitely helps fill in the blanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That looks like a great kit.
    If I did DD that would be the one to get!
    I tried one year and just didn't get it done.
    But I love your points on why it is worth doing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time out to leave me a comment...hope you have a wonderful day!