Monday, September 30, 2013

Pinkfresh Studio Project Life, Weeks 37 and 38

Kinnari with Pinkfresh Studio contacted me recently asking if I would use her products in my Project Life spreads.  She was so generous in what she sent.  I started thinking of the colors I wanted to use most in each week's Project Life.
Both weeks show a transition from Summer to Fall.  And where I live is mostly hot and very little Fall...but it's there, just have to look harder.  
 I pulled in more of the brighter, neon colors mixed in with warmer colors.
My favorite technique on both this week's spread and week 38 is the washi tape on cardstock with the Lawn Fawn leaves die cuts with my Big Shot.  I think the colors and leaves represent the change in season well.

Week 38, I pulled in more neutral colors and lots of accents with black.  
It's subtle, but the "week" and the black arrow are with the Studio Calico letterpress supplies.  The white did not show up as much as I thought.  But I do need more practice.  Still love it.
I really wanted to highlight Pinkfresh Studio's products, but I did use a mix of This Life Noted Scraptastic kits and Studio Calico Project Life kits.
Favorite technique on this spread besides the letterpress accents, is again using the washi tape adhered to cardstock and then running it through the Big Shot with the leaf dies.  But, the new technique is just stamping on the washi.  I used chalk ink and then the heat gun to seat it, and then typed on the typewriter my journaling.  Love, love the effect of it.  That's the new Lawn Fawn stamp as well.
On the two top pockets of this side, I used the new American Crafts Halloween line found exclusively at Target.  I really wanted to show more of the transition of going into Fall and the little activities.  The line works so well for non-Halloween and was the right touch.
One other technique I did on both of these spreads, was use the Lawn Fawn stitched card die cut.  I had been wanting to use it, and love the look it gives.  For pre-made cards or photos that were already the size of the pocket, I added a touch of washi tape onto the die, the card and/or photo onto cardstock and sent through the Big Shot.  Came out perfectly.  Adds the rounds corners but my favorite is the stitched look around the card and/or photo.
Head over to the Pinkfresh Studio blog where my post is over there, and scroll all the way to the bottom for details on ways to win $50 of Pinkfresh Studio products.  And today is your last day to use code BEINSPIRED for 25% off.  I had so much fun with the products.  The little epoxy stickers and frames and that gorgeous washi tape. 

Thank you again to Kinnari for having me!

I'll be back with another spread this week using the Scraptastic This Life Noted kit for September.
Hope you have a great week.  Thanks for stopping by!  And good luck with Pinkfresh Studio

Pin It!

9 comments:

  1. the pops of colour in these embellies are so much fun, what you have done with them in your PL is soo cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally fun pages, Patricia! Love what you did with the leaves and all of the pops of color.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had never heard of this company before. I love those cute enamel stickers and the way you incorporated them in your pages :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun! I have been waiting to see what you did with the product and am not disappointed :)
    Very cute and colorful!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. these are awesome! such fun details as always- totally going to check out their products too!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such an amazing and awesome job with your PL pages, Patricia! I love what you did with these products! How wonderful that they asked you to create with their things, too!!! congrats!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such an amazing and awesome job with your PL pages, Patricia! I love what you did with these products! How wonderful that they asked you to create with their things, too!!! congrats!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great PL pages. I always love seeing what you do with them. Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time out to leave me a comment...hope you have a wonderful day!