Monday, October 07, 2013

American Crafts Introduction Post

The introductions have been going up on the American Crafts blog.  Mine went up Friday here.  If you have a minute, I would love if you would leave a comment over on the American Crafts blog.  I am still pinching myself to be on this team for another year.

Here are the two layouts I created.  I knew the photo and the title, which is what my daughter says to us right before bed going through the who loves who the most.  The design inspiration came from an 18-wheeler.  I think it was a Purple Martin truck.  I loved the swishes.  
I used the Silhouette pens to draw part of the title and swishes, and then cut some of the swishes out and backed with pattern paper.
Inspired by my contribution to the Studio Calico Toolbox class, I added French knots, and hand stitching.
The next layout was inspired by the brand new Cut & Paste by Amy Tangerine.  Since I had a one-photo layout, I wanted a multi-photo layout for my intro post.  The pictures from the zoo were perfect with this line. 
Pretty traditional layout, but like the one-photo layout, I still included lots of techniques.  Stamping in unique ways ("good stuff" hanging off the edge there), repeated the #together, used the arrows to frame photos;
rubons on vellum and then cut out and adhered, using the new stitching templates in different ways on the fussy cut tags and die cuts, layered chipboard to work into the title.
More rubons, partially on the photo, and some messy gelatos on the background.
Absolutely love this line and the Polka Dot Party line from Dear Lizzy.  Dug into the Dear Lizzy a little more last week, such a gorgeous line.

Hope you got some scrapping done.  Have a great day, and thank you for stopping by!

Pin It!

11 comments:

  1. I just sent that top layout to a friend telling her you were my new scrappy crush!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are wonderful, especially love that first one, it's so so striking, loving the swishes and all those circles and of course the stitching. I wish I wasn't too lazy to hand stitch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these Patricia! Isn't that her boo doll that was in CK Oct last year??? If it is she really loves that one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous layouts Patricia. I love the black background on the top one and the way you did the title.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous layouts!! wow!
    Love 'em both! The first one is my fav ... the dark background makes all those elements pop!
    Loooove , loooove, looove that design! And those embellies ... beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love love love!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are both gorgeous Patricia, I love that awesome title on the first one :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really awesome pages! Loving the title and the "wave" of the first layout and the design with the many photos of the second a lot!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love these layouts Patricia, and the quote for your title on the first one is so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous layouts, Patricia! And I am so glad you are on the team for another year, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love these layouts. The title work on "Love you" is particularly fabulous! So inspired by your style.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time out to leave me a comment...hope you have a wonderful day!