Thursday, October 10, 2013

Paper Issues Halloween Hootenanny!

Link up any of your Halloween projects (that have paper) to the Paper Issues Halloween Hootenanny! Theme!  You could also have a sweet chance of winning the new Heidi Swapp Shine mists.  So go link up.
This a re-post of an album I made last year using October Afternoon's first Halloween collection, which I almost bought every bit of the collection.  
Here's how the album came together:
 I love that eerie looking music paper for the cover of the chipboard album...so added some extra color to it with watered down gelatos.  I looped the ribbon through and then through again to bring it back to the front to tie it in a bow.
 Tied some twine and added some of the banner chipboards to the front.
 I used more watered down gelatos to the "Boo!" then added the stickles around it.
I did not want the inside pages to be too much...wanted them to also be quick to put together.  So the first thing I did was spray mist on a non-stick mat, then sprayed with water to water down...sprayed my pages with water as well, and one at a time dragged through the watered down mist.  Splattered some mist on top in black Heidi Swapp Shine...then added the same stitching around each page.  Now each page was prepped and ready to go.

 I printed all the photos that told the story.  What were our decorations, both inside and outside. 
 We bought our tickets to the Monster Mash for the first time, and my tradition of buying an Old Navy shirt.

Just a few Pumpkin Patch photos of Emma.  
 And then including a photo of all of us at the Pumpkin Patch.  For the nicer photos, like this taken with the DSLR, I printed them to about 4x6 to spread across the two pages.
 More Fall/Hallween activites...carving the pumpkin, going to Monster Mash.
 Boo Fest, Emma's Fall/Halloween Party at Pre-School and her goodies I put together...I also included an extra of the bats that went with the goodies...and then there's an Instagrammed photo of her putting them in friends' cubbies.

 A few more photos telling the story and highlighting her school party.  Then starts trick or treating.  There are certain neighbors that I just had to include in here...and Ralph's House was one of them ;)
  I always like to get a photo of all us together for Halloween.  I use my remote and tripod to take family photos of us.  The lighting was still not too good (too much sun on me and my sister's faces), but Emma was losing patience.  It is sweet though her expression.
And my most favorite photo from Halloween and favorite page...I will be doing a layout with this photo...  (Updated:  I did a layout with this photo in the Creating Keepsakes Sept/October Issue using this same line.)
This was such a fun album to put together and quick too.

I'm excited to start a new album this year.  Stop by the Paper Issues shop to pick up your Halloween products for your projects like the new Glitz Design Raven line
Use my code for 20% off 

Pin It!

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful album. That cover is gorgeous as are all the pages you created. I love Halloween and this looks like it was a fun collection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow ... This is a great album ! I love the papers and all of the embellishments . TFS .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous .. I love every bit of it .. starting with your fantastic cover!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jeanann! Didn't see a blog to return the comment, but noticed you are not far from me. Nice to meet you, neighbor!

      Delete

Thank you for taking time out to leave me a comment...hope you have a wonderful day!