Tuesday, October 15, 2013

The Start of the Halloween 2013 Album | Scraptastic Kit Club | Paper Issues

As soon as I got the Blackbird kit and Add-On from Scraptastic, I started cutting pages for this year's mini album.  I based the size and style of album on last year's mini album.  You can see that here.
The size is 6x8.  I did the same stitching around each page, but included some bookmark sized pages to maybe add dates or journaling.  I don't normally scrap without photos like this, but since I loved last year's album so much, I did basically the same thing.  I just have to add the memories.
I had a videoed this process of preparing the pages and album, but since the iPhone upgrade, my memory has been sucked and I can barely have any amount of photos or videos.  Tried my big camera, and just can't get the focus right.  So here's a tip in using that beautiful My Mind's Eye glitter paper without having glitter everywhere.  Use Mod Podge to seal it.
A few of the inside pages so you can see the mix of Glitz Design, My Mind's Eye, Carta Bella, Pebbles, Authentique, and Teresa Collins.  I would have never put these together, and I absolutely love the combination.  
I made lots of mistakes along the way.  I have not used the Zutter in forever.  Well, got my holes all messed up, so had to cut the top of the Pebbles bag here.
The Pebbles overlays, so cute.  Another mess up in getting the smaller bookmark sized paper next to the larger 6x8 paper.  I wanted to have variety on each page.  But will fix that when I add photos.
Used some of the Glitz die cuts from the add-on.
LOVE this combination below of text paper, plaid, and chevron.
Saved the pretty vinyl-like paper from Teresa Collins for the back.
Will have to post the completed album after Halloween!  Hope this gives you an idea of how nice this kit is.  

_____________________________
Paper Issues is still having their Halloween theme through the 27th.  We are a fun community that links up to the current theme so we can see what everyone has made and just inspire each other to create.  So anything you have made that is Halloween, share with us here.

Pin It!

9 comments:

  1. LOVE this Patricia!! It's because I don't have a clue as to which photos to put into the album, otherwise I would copy it straight away!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is amazing, I love every single page!! Can't wait to see it with the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your minis are amazing, this is just gorgeous, and I'm jealous that it's already done (except for the pics of course).

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh how fun!!! Love the addition of the fiber and the splatters. I cant wait to see the completed album!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really awesome Patricia!! Can't wait to see the album filled with photos and embellishments!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is amazing! Love it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time out to leave me a comment...hope you have a wonderful day!