Friday, November 15, 2013

Printshop Studio Calico | Member Spotlight

Happy Friday.  Been a long week here and looking forward to the weekend.

I am still freaking out over being the featured Studio Calico member for November.  I just got the link to the post over at Studio Calico to link here, and am overwhelmed by the comments.  It really is still hard for me to post my work, wondering if it will be liked, putting yourself out there, but there's more than that, it's being part of a community.  I'm so thankful to be a part of it with people that "get" scrapbooking.

I was asked to do a new layout, so I decided to use the new Printshop collection.  It is one of those collections, you HAVE to get.  I bought favorites of the patterned paper, the vellum stars, clear words, the cork embellishments, and the paperclips.  
I LOVE the urban feel of this collection, but it can also be very soft.  I'm so glad I was able to work in that pink paper with the writing because it is my favorite.
 This layout came together with lots of playing with triangles...which first started as squares I was going to layer, but as I kept playing, I loved how it was coming together.
Used some of my letterpress cards I made (the triangles) and fussy cut those out...helps draw the eye around the layout and give movement.  Really did not use a lot of embellishments, just the gorgeous papers.

You can pick up the collection at the Paper Issues shop.  Use my code to get 20% off.
Have a great weekend, and thanks as always for stopping by!

Pin It!

9 comments:

  1. Such a fun layout, and congrats on being featured over at SC! I was excited to see your smiling face pop up there the other day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great layout...love how you put all the elements on your layout

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am thrilled for you, Patricia!
    I don't really participate over at SC anymore since I stopped subbing, but still get the emails.
    It was so great to see you featured.
    And gorgeous layout!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this fun and whimsical page! So cool that they are featuring you at SC!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun, fun layout, Patricia! I love the photo of the 2 of you, and your creative page. And a great big CONGRATS for being featured at Studio Calico, but it is definitely no surprise to me AT ALL, my friend! Your talent and creativity always inspires me every time I visit your blog. And I want to wish you and your wonderful family a very Happy Thanksgiving, too. It will be here before we know it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad to see you in the Member Spotlight, Patricia! Very well deserved and your work is always awesome! I really love this fun page and how you used the Printshop collection! Such a fun graphic feel to your page!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a fun layout. Love that picture of you and your daughter. And your title is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on being spotlighted over at SC, this is such a gorgeous layout!

    ReplyDelete
  9. such a CUTE picture--I really like the triangles along the side of this--GREAT layout!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time out to leave me a comment...hope you have a wonderful day!