Thursday, December 12, 2013

Emma's First Christmas

I have been wanting to share this video I made of Emma's first Christmas again.  Those that have followed me from the beginning will remember it.  Emma is, of course, well adjusted to Christmas and presents now.  So this was her first and she had no idea what Christmas was.  We had been home less than three months from our adoption in China after waiting for her for 3 1/2 years, which is why I chose, appropriately, this song by Third Day.

Our log in date with China was March 14, 2006.  I am sad to say that the wait has increased and families with log in dates of November 10, 2006 have been matched and ready for adoption.  Those families have waited seven years to bring home their babies.  My heart goes out to you.  I will admit that we were considering pulling our Dossier in 2009 when we finally got matched.  I had my heart set on a little girl from China.  This is my best Christmas ever.

You will need Kleenex - I cry every time I see this.

Merry Christmas from Patricia Roebuck on Vimeo.

Merry Christmas XOXO

Pin It!

10 comments:

  1. Emma is so lucky to have you as her mommy! What great memories! Thank you for sharing them with us :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful video, I love hearing your laughing in the background - I can hear the joy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely love this...i watched it with my girls and they wanted to know all about Miss Emma! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. just beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. *sniffle* *huge hugs* Oh our beautiful babies grow up so fast! <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for sharing the video...words can't describe how beautiful it is.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sweet! love your video, TFS

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness. This brought tears to my eyes. Our "Hunan Hotties" have brought us so much joy, haven't they? Wishing you the happiest of holiday seasons!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Finally catching up on blogs after the holiday season. This video is so sweet and so beautiful! Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time out to leave me a comment...hope you have a wonderful day!