Thursday, December 05, 2013

Thankful Mini Album | American Crafts | Paper Issues

If you follow Paper Issues on Instagram, there was a #30gratefuldays during November.  I posted a picture everyday...yes, I did it!  It was a combination of silly, serious, sentimental, little, and big things.

I made this little mini album (5x5) ahead of time. 
How to:  from the American Crafts Autumn Crisp pattern papers, I cut 5x5 sheets, with a 5x5 cardstock cover.  For the first page, I made a pocket by cutting a smaller piece of pattern paper and sewed the three sides to hold the tags.  Using washi tape to bind the book together, I covered the outside pages.  Then opened up each page and added another strip of washi tape to the inside.  Tip:  you may have to adjust each page (paper) to meet so they are together when you adhere the tape.  For the cover, I used the Thanks stamps from the same AC line using StazOn ink on a photo overlay.  Stitches that onto a piece of patterned paper, then embellished all around it.  All supplies are from the AC Autumn Crisp, but I did pull in some embellishments and the washi tape from the Freckled Fawn embellishment kits.

Hope you enjoy.  I LOVE this little album...it fits so nicely in your hands, nice a chunky...a new fave.  I listed each thankful picture on the tags and just added the photos and some embellishing.  A very quick and easy album to put together.  The photos are about 2.5x2.5.
Thanks as always for stopping by.  More December Daily to come.

Pin It!

8 comments:

  1. This is fab Patricia....LOVE the washi binding idea and your embellies are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful, Patricia! I love the cover and washi binding! Great idea to include the tags.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore this mini, so pretty, love the papers and the really solid focus on the photos, but still lots of great details. When Pinterest decides to stop being testy, I am pinning this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable! And yay for you for finishing!
    I petered out at like day 22. I mean I should have just pushed through right? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woooow! This is so fantastic!! Love your mini album! Love those patterned papers and all your embellies!
    Fab photos & design too!
    You totally rocked this #30gratefuldays challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing album Patricia! The Autumn Crisp worked out perfectly for your mini!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow! What an amazing mini!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is such a GREAT mini!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time out to leave me a comment...hope you have a wonderful day!