Wednesday, January 08, 2014

Happy New Year Layouts for American Crafts

Happy New Year again...I didn't get a chance to post these last week.  American Crafts had New Year inspiration on the blog all last week.

We also celebrate Chinese New Year since we are a Chinese adoptive family.  So I gathered several photos from last years celebrations, cropped them into hexagons in Photoshop Elements, masked and misted the background, then started filling in with photos and paper.

The stitching in black added some great dimension too.
And I did a traditional New Year's layout.  This was Emma's first time celebrating (even though she 'thinks's she stayed up till midnight).  I wanted something fun and celebratory.  So I used these Sun Collection from the Silhouette shop.  Only the one design and mirrored it so I could cut it backwards too.  I think the 3 - 2 - 1 adds the perfect touch as well to this.
I set my iPhone up on a gorillapod and used the gorillapod app to take the pictures of us together.

Thanks for stopping by!  These would have been added to my favorite 2013 layouts if I could have added them.  Two of my top faves!

Pin It!

9 comments:

  1. Great job on both of them, but I totally LOVE your "celebrate" layout! It is just SO awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore that first layout, and I love that you are keeping the Chinese traditions alive for Emma. Chinese New Year is one of my favorite holidays!!!! Owing to the money and all ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these layouts so much Patricia!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous Patricia!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous layouts, Patricia. Love the Chinese New Year one with the stitching. Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aessome pages, Patricia!! Love the hexagons and the cut files on your second page!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely live your 'Celebrate' layout! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are both so creative and beautiful, Patricia! I love what you did with all of the hexagons on the first page!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous pages, but that hexagon one is extra amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time out to leave me a comment...hope you have a wonderful day!