Thursday, February 27, 2014

Cocoa Daisy March "Grey Street" Reveal

Last night was the Cocoa Daisy March "Grey Street" reveal for subscribers!  Subscribers have a couple of days to shop before all kits are available to everyone.   Loved working with this kit so much.  Great colors, patterns, and style.
Instead of showing all of the projects at once, thought I would share some at a time.  Will share more here soon.  Here is the first layout I did using the main kit only.
You may hate me after reading the title (it does kind of keep going in your head as it did me), but I had to do it...inspired by the Olympics, made me think of the ride, so there you have it.
 I loved how this came together.  And it is always fun to mix in some watercolors with my love of pattern paper.
This was on the Cocoa Daisy blog the other day, but here is how I did this layout:

I started in the Silhouette program, making triangles within triangles to cut from the cardstock.  I am not a Silhouette expert.  My triangles would not weld together, but I still got the effect I wanted.
Once my cardstock was cut, I backed each triangle with pattern paper from the main kit.  I added watercolors (don’t know if still available in the shop), stitched around each triangle, and then added the cut out triangles back onto my cardstock to begin adding a layered look.
To add the pieces of transparency, I used a permanent marker in the open areas between the triangles to trace and then cut.  But for the triangles above, I just backed them and then trimmed around cardstock.  This just kept adding to a layered look.
To finish it off, I added more stitching to hold the triangles in place.  I still had enough transparencies left to layer for another layout and still had leftovers.



Pin It!

6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! Loving all the layers that are in the triangle portion, it's mesmerizing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the layers with triangles and paint. Great page!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this design, Patricia!! The small photos and triangles are awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time out to leave me a comment...hope you have a wonderful day!