Sunday, February 16, 2014

Scrapbook & Cards Today February Colour Suite

Click HERE for the American Crafts blog hop.

I was so excited that Summer Fullerton asked me to join her for her February Colour Suite for Scrapbook and Cards Today.  I got to meet Summer and fell in love with her personality.  I loved working with her on the Lily Bee team.  I was always amazed by her designs.  So I am honored she would ask me.

She picked a beautiful suite of colors.

So many ways to interpret the colors and amounts used.  I had this layout in mind to make, and Summer's Colour Suite was perfect.  I got to work right away.  
I cut the scalloped background (it is an old Silhouette file from the Silhouette software, I could not find it, but I know there are similar ones).  After I cut it, I cut "into" it...I didn't want the entire 12x12.  Then cut strips of pattern paper to adhere behind it.  Before adding the scallops to the top, I brushed on watered down gelatos, splattered some Hero Art Daubers, dropped some ink splatters.
I really did have this layout in mind, so I knew the fish photos had to be circles.  Fish are really hard to photograph by the way!  So with the circles, I cut more circles out, and then added the embellishments and title.
I the embellishments light...wanted the color, the photos, and texture to be more noticeable.
Please head over to Scrapbook & Cards Today to play along and be sure to also see what Summer Fullerton has created.  Amazing and so inspiring.  Love her work!

Pin It!

11 comments:

  1. LOVE these colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so fun and summery, reminds me of pink lemonade! Loving those big splats too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous LO & gorgeous fish, what breed are they? thx x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Michelle. Thank you! I know nothing about fish. Only thing I saw when we bought them at pet store was 'Neon Fish.' I am sure they are some type breed but don't know.

      Delete
  4. How fun is this layout!! Awesome! Love, love, love your take on that inspiration photo!!
    FAB job!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So amazing, Patricia! Wow!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a fun page, Patricia!! Love the Gelato water color in the background and the circle photos!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sign this is just exquisite !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love love love this layout !!!
    The colors are so beautiful and I love the banners and the splashes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for playing along with me :) I enjoyed having you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love, love, love your layout Patricia! What great colors and the fish seem like they are floating on the page, so cool!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time out to leave me a comment...hope you have a wonderful day!