Monday, March 03, 2014

Cocoa Daisy Reveal - Project Life Week 6 with Videos and Cards

Hey, Everyone!  Hope you had a great weekend.  Emma is off this week for Mardi Gras.  We plan to go on Tuesday.  Should be a fun week.

I have a LOT to share with you today.  My week 6 of my Project Life to share with you using Cocoa Daisy's Day in the Life main and it's add-on for March called "Grey Street," and two videos to go with this.
Won't write too much because I have two process vidoes to share with you.


Okay, here are my videos.  The first one shows you how I select and print my photos.  I don't go into detail of how to use Lightroom and mention giving you a link.
So here is a link to Melissa Stinson's videos on Two Peas showing you how to use Lightroom.  She also has separate links further down on this Two Peas post, that link to her blog that have the same instructions but written up.  There are two videos.  It is the second video, Part 2 where she goes into Lightroom.  After watching these, I knew I wanted to try Lightroom, but I needed a little more help.  So I signed up for Wilna's Lightroom class and this has helped not just with my flow of Project Life, but with the whole uploading, editing, printing and/or exporting.  I only use Photoshop Elements if I have to now.  Has made my life so much easier.
And here is my video putting the spread together using the Cocoa Daisy kits.  I tried to keep these videos short like my others, but they are a little longer, and felt the content was needed, both informative and to see what is in the Day in the Life kits.  If I didn't edit these videos, just FYI it too me 20 minutes to pick and print my photos, and 30 minutes to complete my spread.  I didn't complete my spread though in one sitting, I had to go pick up my daughter, but that was the total video time.  Hope you enjoy.

Okay, long post as well here...just some quick, simple cards I made using mostly the pattern paper add-on from Cocoa Daisy's "Gold Coast" kit.
I did use the main "Grey Street" stamps and Day in the Life October Afternoon stamp here.
Except for the first one with triangles, the rest of these have the same basic design, just different in little ways.  I used my water pen and watercolors from Cocoa Daisy to script the "hi."  To cover the wood veneers from the Main kit, I used gelatos to give it a good saturated color.
Wood veneers from the main kit, the Hello and stamp from Day in the Life.
Wood veneers and button from the main kit, the stamp from Day in the Life.
These cards were so quick to make and now I have a few extra cards on hand when needed.

Pin It!

11 comments:

  1. Gorgeous spreads, loving those journaling cards, especially that blue map one, and what fun, fresh cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely PL pages and I love your cards. Beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved watching your process video of how you put your PL spread together! Fabulous projects!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These two videos are great, Patricia, really helpful for this girl who is riding the fence as to whether to try PL or not. You definitely make it seem doable and fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it all!!!! Wow! You've been busy :) Great videos, too! TFS! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seriosuly that video rocks big time , love love love livery thing you do

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great projects, Patricia!
    I am going to have to catch your video later, but am looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A week off for Mardi Gras? How fun! I'm jealous. :)

    I love how you added the typography/tiny lettering to your PL cards to really make them your own.

    Your greeting cards are gorgeous, too. I adore the bright, happy pops of color against the white backgrounds.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for this! I have been struggling with the March kit (and being way too fussy with my Project Life in general) and watching the way you choose cards and sort of make them "pop" just got me back in a good direction. I watched the videos and then I sat down and got a BUNCH of progress made in my album :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Chel! It is so good to hear this got you doing your thing!

      Delete

Thank you for taking time out to leave me a comment...hope you have a wonderful day!