Wednesday, March 12, 2014

I Still Haven't Found... | Elle's Studio

Hey, Everyone!  Sharing another Elle's Studio gallery project using the March kit and cut files.

Two things inspired this layout.  First, I have had this U2 song written down for awhile wanting to do a layout with the title.  And second, Sasha Farina.  Sasha has been inspiring me for so long.  Her use of color and the way she uses enamel dots is just amazing.  She has such a unique style. 
This was one of those days or I should say weeks.  Just in a funk all around.  There was so much emotion in this selfie shot, that the song was a perfect fit.  I pulled in lots of Everyday Moments for this page.  Fussy cut the speech bubbles from the pattern paper and added stamping to each to frame around the photo.  Most of the sayings are fussy cut from the Everyday Moments paper collection.
 The stars are from the March kit.  And the "thinking" was cut from one of the March kit cards.  I like to do my journaling on vellum, since I don't have the design of a layout planned most of the time.  This gives me a way to move it around where it fits, and also doesn't add any more heaviness to the layout.
 I used the Love You More wood veneers to form a clover.  Added machine stitching to form the stem.
It feels good to get a layout created like this.  It's a keeping it real kind of layout.
Hope you snagged the March kit from Elle's Studio.  It's my favorite.


Pin It!

9 comments:

  1. I do love that you scrap yourself! Emma is sure to cherish these glimpses into you when she gets older!

    ReplyDelete
  2. once again, i love how you created the clover! im sorry you were in a funk, i get like that often, the monotony of the daily schedule can get the bet of me sometimes! hope this week is looking better

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great layout!!! The emotion in your selfie is great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really like all the pieces on this layout. How did you do the still haven't found words, stamp?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Wendy. Thanks. Those are the new Elle's Studio stickers.

      Delete
  5. Love the photo and the way the song title fits perfectly with the story behind your layout, Patrcia!! Great use of the Elle's goodies!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a cute layout, with so many details !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this design and the tip about journaling on vellum. But mostly love this layout because it is raw and real. I've been feeling those harsh thoughts about myself, too. Maybe it's a 46'n thing? ;) Buck up li'l camper!! Clearly your heart is in the right place even when your head disagrees.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE Sasha--she INSPIRES me too! This layout is TOTALLY GREAT love the bold colors and CUTE picture of you!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time out to leave me a comment...hope you have a wonderful day!